Do i need a seperate outdoor aerial for an upstairs bedroom TV? PLEASE HELP!

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
soor if this sounds silly but need some advice. I am just about to order sony's new 2013 32 inch tv for a upstairs bedroom and am now thinking about what i'm going to do for an aerial. I have an outdoor aerial coming from outside wall into my lounge and through the lounge tv, the reception in my area is very good although it is an old cable, don't know if that's a bad thing? anyway what is the best way for best results don't mind paying extra for the best set-up, but in order to get best results from the features of the tv like freeview hd what is the best way to get an aerial fitted to the upstairs bedroom tv and is it posible to use that existing aerial from the lounge to the bedroom upstairs? what is the best way to have cable free clutter also?

would an inddor aerial be suitable and if so what is the best one to buy and where?

this is my first set up of a tv have always just plugged an existing outdoor aerial into the lounge tv and lived with that but open to suggestions, on how to get the most out of my new tv with the perfect setup and also would i need an aerial to watch freeview HD WHICH Is built in to this model?

thanks for your help in advance.

trj007

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Indoor antennae can be problematic.

Perhaps install an antenna cable splitter into your current cabling and run from that a new cable to the TV upstairs.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
As always some of these things are down to how long is a piece of string, just how strong a tv signal you have.

I have one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/August-DTA220-Freeview-Aerial-Television/dp/B004QADGU6/ref=sr_1_67?ie=UTF8&qid=1369132007&sr=8-67&keywords=indoor+tv+ariel

and it provides a perfectly good signal into my bedroom tv. But my set is only standard def freeview, not HD, and you are not risking much money on this or anything in the range. No risk at all given Amazon's returns policy.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
If you are splitting the signal, it is probably a good idea to get an aerial amplifier. This should be as close to the aerial as possible. I have an 8 way amplifier in the loft, close to where the aerial cable enters the house and this provides a good signal distributed around the house. You can also get a masthead amplifier, which is even better, but more work to fit. I have never found indoor aerials satisfactory.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
As Chebby said, get a local installer to help you out.

However, and this may only be my experience, but I was told a year or two back by an installer that I would be better off with a digital aerial rather than a standar one. I know nothing about this sort of thing so agreed and payed best part of 90 quid. TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY it is no different from the bog standard one I already had feeding another room:doh:

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
When deciding, don't forget that some areas may be affected by 4G rollout. Areas with main transmitters will [apparently] not be affected but if you are in a repeater transmitter area, so Freeview 'LITE', you may be.

:read:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts