Do I keep Mission 702 standmounts?

kath9959

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Just bought Yamaha AS501 to go with ageing but still performing Rotel RCD951 and Thorens TD318

I have noticed big improvement with Yamaha amp and wondered about changing speakers. Although Mission still perform well wondered if more modern speaker would offer improvement along the lines of the amp (so much more detail to vocals and music).

Listen to eclectic range of music, folk to goth, classical, C&W etc. Don't listen very loud and do not want big bassy sound.

On basis of 'expert' and customer reviews: price and specs have narrowed it to the following:

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

Wharfedale Diamond 121

Tannoy Revolution DC6

Q Acoustic 2020i

and Mission MX1

Can get the diamond 9.1 for less than £100 or could spend about £199 on Tannoys.

Wondered what advice you peeps would give? Price is a consideration but as I hope to have the speakers for the next 20 years or so I would be happy to pay extra (although only up to £300) for something that will really make a difference.

Not really able to audition as it is long way to nearest outlet.

Many thanks for any advice given.

kath9959

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
No, didn't auction the amp, bought it in a leap of faith, which has had positive result.

I know auditioning is the right thing to do but it would mean a long trip - but might have to do this if no-one has any experience of the above speakers with the Yamaha amp - or just a general opinion on the merits or otherwise of replacing the Missions

Sarah

TRENDING THREADS