Do any of you play singles?

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Just curious do any of you here have a collection of 45 records, either 7" or 12"?

I see plenty of albums mentioned in the "What vinyl are you listening to" thread and LP's are the much talked about subject in the world of vinyl. Do any of you play singles on your turntables?

I have a pretty decent collection of singles both 7" & 12" mainly of 1980's pop all second hand and I do enjoy playing them from time to time. I'm often surprised by how well some of these records have survived, considering they have possibly had repeated use during their original chart period especially.

So am I alone in my pretty regular spindle swapping on my deck for 45 playback, or do some of you enjoy them too? :)

I had a few once but, back then, saving a bit more to buy the album that the single was taken from made more sense.

Well it did to me.

Besides getting up again after four minutes to flip the single over got to be a pain. :)

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
buy new 7" and 12" singles from any band I like when they release them, but its going back a few years to when my local HMV stocked the latest singles and promo/dj copies (mainly dance tunes) then I would buy loads of them (one week spent almost £60 on "white label" vinyl 12").

I still have them all (in another room, haven't counted them but could be over 2000), don't get played as much as i would like but sometimes on my days off, I have a look and maybe pick out one or two, only thing is they were not all 45rpm, alot of them were found out to be 33rpm instead.

*music2*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

MeanandGreen said:
So am I alone in my pretty regular spindle swapping on my deck for 45 playback, or do some of you enjoy them too?

It's far too much hassle, so I might put on a 12" now again, but the 7"s are filed away somewhere in a box, so they never really come out.

Gray

MeanandGreen said:
Just curious do any of you here have a collection of 45 records, either 7" or 12"?

I see plenty of albums mentioned in the "What vinyl are you listening to" thread and LP's are the much talked about subject in the world of vinyl. Do any of you play singles on your turntables?

I have a pretty decent collection of singles both 7" & 12" mainly of 1980's pop all second hand and I do enjoy playing them from time to time. I'm often surprised by how well some of these records have survived, considering they have possibly had repeated use during their original chart period especially.

So am I alone in my pretty regular spindle swapping on my deck for 45 playback, or do some of you enjoy them too? :)

On my Thorens TD160S (With switchable! speed control) yep 12" singles mostly sound great - no better source is there?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts