Disappearing HD channels

Lightuser1

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Since last weekend my Freeview HD channels have been disappearing and re-appearing, both on my Sony TV and my Panasonic Freeview box. In the case of the TV, they appear on the guide but when you select one of the screen is blank and a no signal message appears. On the freeview box they have gone from the guide altogether and you get an 'invalid' message if you try to key in an HD channel. I checked the net and the freeview signal for my location (CM2 area) is supposedly good. I have wondered if the aerial (communal) could be at fault, but I can't see how it would suddenly selectively not receive channels it has always previously picked up without problem.

Any ideas on what could be happening here? (Just as well there's hardly anything to watch on BBC etc at the moment.

Thanks

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Lightuser1 said:
Since last weekend my Freeview HD channels have been disappearing and re-appearing, both on my Sony TV and my Panasonic Freeview box. In the case of the TV, they appear on the guide but when you select one of the screen is blank and a no signal message appears. On the freeview box they have gone from the guide altogether and you get an 'invalid' message if you try to key in an HD channel. I checked the net and the freeview signal for my location (CM2 area) is supposedly good. I have wondered if the aerial (communal) could be at fault, but I can't see how it would suddenly selectively not receive channels it has always previously picked up without problem.

Any ideas on what could be happening here? (Just as well there's hardly anything to watch on BBC etc at the moment.

Thanks

I have at least one Freeview HD television and one Humax Freeview HD set-top box in every room, and I have not noticed any disappearing SD or HD channels. I think that in the last four days I've had a couple of messages to retune either television or set-top box, but then all the old channels are present again.

Might it be local problem with your transmitter? Where in the UK are you? I'm in Edinburgh.

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I had the same. I lost some BBC HD channels.

There is some advice on the BBC website, something to do with them changing something with the signal. The advice didn't work for me.

Ended up adjusting the aerial in the loft a bit to get a better signal - retuned and got the channels back. Some have changed channel numbers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts