DILEMA!! HELP NEEDED WITH CHOICE OF NEW TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am stuck with a dilema as many are. Which to buy.

1. Pioneer 508XD

2. Sony 46W4000

3. Panasonic 46" 81 Version (new one out)

I will be using it for blueray and normal dvd's. It is also important for watching normal TV through Sky. I've seen some cheaper LCD's and Plasmas and they look really rubbish when watching Digital TV. Any quick advise would be great.

I sit 10 feet away and I have already had the Pioneer 434 HDE which I have just sold so need a new set asap.

cheers

Graham

Nick From Philly

Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
If your the type that switches your tv every couple of years get the pioneer. Pioneers will give a sharper image on SD content for the moment until HD takes over. Plus a shorter life span won't bother you if you'll probalby be upgrading in a few years anyway. However if you want a set that will last and looks brilliant on HD content go for the Sony W4000. oh yeah if your into gaming at all go for the Sony.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for getting back. I am thinking of getting the ps3 for blueray and games.

What is the sony like for TV. Is it a smooth image with no noise. I am just worried about a grainy picture.

I can get the sony 46" with a ps3 for the same price as the pioneer 508XD.

What are the blacks like on the sony?

Cheers

Graham

A

Anonymous

Nick From Philly:If your the type that switches your tv every couple of years get the pioneer. Pioneers will give a sharper image on SD content for the moment until HD takes over. Plus a shorter life span won't bother you if you'll probalby be upgrading in a few years anyway. However if you want a set that will last and looks brilliant on HD content go for the Sony W4000. oh yeah if your into gaming at all go for the Sony.I dont have the Sony nor the Pioneer. But I think the Pioneer fans would say the Sony comes second. The fact that it is not a 1080p panel doesnt detract from the Pioneer's excellent HD performance and second to none SD PQ. There's no reason why you cant game on the Pioneer either.

So you really have to look at these three yourself (inc. the Panny), they are all excellent sets.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts