Digital Indoor Aerial

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is there such a thing as a good indoor aerial?

Since getting my Plasma I have moved my LCD into the bedroom and had hoped I could get an indoor aerial to work rather than splitting the main aerial and possibly losing some db's.

I know there are senders but I had hoped to watch the LCD when new heating etc is being installed and this means that the Plasma will be unplugged.

As always I would really appreciate advice please.

A

Anonymous

I don't think so
emotion-4.gif

There are aerials out there which you'll find at any local retailer. You'll find your average one but they also come with an integrated booster which according to the manufacturers improve the signal a great deal, I've not used one so I wouldn't know.

Currys do a OneForAll aerial for around £20 which has an integrated booster, give that a try first and go from there. You're looking at around 43-46 db's on the models available in Currys.

Hopefully someone can guide you to a better solution, good luck!

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot for your advice.

I did try a One For All but couldn't get any channels.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Theres no such thing as a DIGITAL aerial.

Anyways ~ people have had some luck with ones from argos (Forgets the name)

But dont be suprised if they dont work either (But id hazard a guess argos wont mind if you take it back anyways)

daveh75

Split off your main aerial using a two-way distrubution amp to make up for any losses you may incur from splitting the feed. Like this for example.

Will give you far better result's than an indoor aerial ever will.

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
Split off your main aerial using a two-way distrubution amp to make up for any losses you may incur from splitting the feed. Like this for example.

Will give you far better result's than an indoor aerial ever will.

That looks really good. Cheers!

A

Anonymous

My indoor aerial is very tempremental. It does give steady reception but is prone to dropping out and generally just being rubbish and it involves lots of moving the aerial about to find a sweet spot. Best results are usually gained by putting it near the window for me. But split off your main aerial if you can it'll be much less hassle and give you a better picture.

For the record, I once used an indoor with an integrated amplifier and as soon as I turned the amplifier on the picture just completely went. Not a sausage.

A

Anonymous

Okay thanks alwatson.

Doesn't sound like a good idea then. It's a pity as I won't really be watching the LCD very much.

Might just watch DVDs on it.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
alwatson:
My indoor aerial is very tempremental. It does give steady reception but is prone to dropping out and generally just being rubbish and it involves lots of moving the aerial about to find a sweet spot. Best results are usually gained by putting it near the window for me. But split off your main aerial if you can it'll be much less hassle and give you a better picture.

For the record, I once used an indoor with an integrated amplifier and as soon as I turned the amplifier on the picture just completely went. Not a sausage.

A lot of tvs (Mine included) have inbuilt amplifiers switched on by default. if you switch on an external amp with it then youll overpower the aerial conenction and it will cut out.

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:alwatson:

A lot of tvs (Mine included) have inbuilt amplifiers switched on by default. if you switch on an external amp with it then youll overpower the aerial conenction and it will cut out.

Yeah that's what it said in my brothers manual for his TV so I assumed it would be the same for mine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts