Different software, different sound!?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Playing a lot of wav files on my computer lately. To my surprise wav files sound quite different depending on the software I use. Eac sounds quite bright with lack of bass; Itunes smooth, but again with little bass; plextools sounds much the same as the original cd.(great) All these programs run on the same computer, playing the exact same file, with exactly the same hardware- yet the difference in sound is a world apart! (For listening I'm using sennheiser hd650 and musical fidelity) How can this be?

A

Anonymous

.[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
You know you're tempting the mighty vengeance of the 'digits is digits' brigade, don't you?

[/quote]

Don't intend to, but don't care. Can't stop fools trying to sell their religion.
I'd just like to know if somebody else ever noticed it - and if so, how it can be explained.
By the way- if it's a placebo it's a very convincing and pleasing one.
Much the same effect as playing the same cd through different quality cd-players

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]Put your PC in the bin and listen to a proper hifi. You'll be hooked[/quote]

Thanks, but no thanks! It's a windows oldtimer, but it serves me well while surfing on the web or writing mails!!!

A

Anonymous

i usually use winamp or windows media player to play my songs and so far hasn't found any differences between them. But I do notice some differences of sound quality when I ripped my CDs into MP3s using different ripping software.MP3s seems to sound a lot better when I ripped them using latest Winamp than by using CDex.FYI, both were set to 320kbps ripping mode.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts