Device connections to a soundbar

Edwardsj

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi there, I hope you can help me

I have a Samsung QE65Q7FGM TV (wall mounted) and a Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar. Currently I have all my remote devices (4 in total) connected into the soundbar then using the HDMI ARC to connect to the TV so basically all the HDMI cables go from the source device into the soundbar then with a single connection to the TV via the HDMI ARC connection. It all works but of course I have to select the appropriate source on the soundbar to hear the sound for whatever device I am looking at (BlueRay or Sky for example). Also it means all the cables are visible at the back going into the soundbar. The soundbar sits below the TV on a sideboard. All the devices and the TV module are in this sideboard.

Somebody told me this was wrong and that the best way to connect is to connect all the devices into the TV is with a single HDMI ARC from the TV to the soundbar. The TV has the separate module with just the single thin wire from the module to the TV. This way I was told I would not need to select the source, it will do it automatically through the ARC. Would this actually work/be better or have I got it set up correctly?

Thanks!!

Edwardsj

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
One last question on the soundbar, does it automatically detect the sound signal (ie.Atmos or Dolby surround etc) from the BlueRay player or Sky box or do I have to manually select the mode?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts