Desktop speaker stands for Dali Zensor 1

gasolin

I have a set of Dali zensor 1's and i like them, they don't have so much bass but if don't angle them (toe in) the sound is more neutral form the twetter and the balance is better.

I have som very old rubber feet for cd players,amplifiers... from audioquest (Not Q feet) i am using.... a tile on top of the feets (i think it's called, i am from denmark so i am not shure if it's called a tile) and some adjustable foam so i can angle them down or up, they are as high as they can be 375 mm or about 15 inches high from med desktop and to the top of my speaker.

I am think of getting those speaker stands i the near feature http://www.isoacoustics.com/isol8r155.php?id=speaker%20stands%20studio%20monitor%20isolation They costs just under 129 € with shipping and seem to be the best speaker stand at a reasonable price (don't kow if theres any better stands out there regardless of prize?)

Is there any alternatives to those stands you would recomend me to look at? Not more expensive then 129€ with shipping to Denmark, they need to be about 8 inches tall so the tweeter is at the right hight, but also something that will improve the sound, no matter what the materiale of the surface is under my speaker

I have had the need for stands for more then a year, so now it's time to get a bit more serious about getting som quality stand for my small speakers

SpursGator

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I got a pair of Desktop stands from Item Audio - they are bespoke from solid steel and can be delivered to fit any speaker. Mine support a pair of PMC DB1i's about 8" above my desk. I am thrilled with them. They are much better than the ones you are looking at. They are much more solid than the plastic-and-metal-tube construction of the Iso's and weigh 3-4 times as much. They are also cheaper - maybe equal once you add the 16 rubber inserts (a necessity unless you will screw them to your desk).

http://www.itemaudio.com/index.php/active-passive-speakers/contact-us-mainmenu-3/detail/35-speaker-stands/flypage/91-item-desktop-speaker-stands.html?sef=hcfp

gasolin

SpursGator said:
I got a pair of Desktop stands from Item Audio - they are bespoke from solid steel and can be delivered to fit any speaker. Mine support a pair of PMC DB1i's about 8" above my desk. I am thrilled with them. They are much better than the ones you are looking at. They are much more solid than the plastic-and-metal-tube construction of the Iso's and weigh 3-4 times as much. They are also cheaper - maybe equal once you add the 16 rubber inserts (a necessity unless you will screw them to your desk).

http://www.itemaudio.com/index.php/active-passive-speakers/contact-us-mainmenu-3/detail/35-speaker-stands/flypage/91-item-desktop-speaker-stands.html?sef=hcfp

Have seen them today and they coast just under 92£ equal to about 107€ what it costs to send them to denmark i don't know

Does it make any difference if the bottom plate is in the standard size or as big as the top plate?

Dali zensor is 162 mm in width in depth 220mm, if i would buy the stands in the link i would choose a top plate of 150mm in width and lengh of 175 the bigger top plate is just a bit to big and a bottom plate that's 100x150 which dosn't costs extra

These stands is reasonable priced but they are to high,http://store.atacama-audio.co.uk/p/duo-6-speaker-stands-pair?pp=12 if they made a 8 inch version i would have bought one they costs about 75 £ in denmark, that's not to bad considering they have to send it to denmark before i can buy it for75 £ in a store, in 8",200mm version they might go as low as 60£ with shipping.

I do think it's very limited if you want a 7-9 inch high speaker stands for small speakers

SpursGator

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
gasolin said:
Have seen them today and they coast just under 92£ equal to about 107€ what it costs to send them to denmark i don't know

Does it make any difference if the bottom plate is in the standard size or as big as the top plate?

Dali zensor is 162 mm in width in depth 220mm, if i would buy the stands in the link i would choose a top plate of 150mm in width and lengh of 175 the bigger top plate is just a bit to big and a bottom plate that's 100x150 which dosn't costs extra

I specified the exact dimensions of my PMCs - this cost extra but it looks great on the desk. If you choose a standard size, it's better to choose a top plate that's slightly too small for your speaker than slightly two big (although if it's too big, just getting the front of the stand flush with the front of the speaker is 100% fine). I took the standard base size that was just a bit smaller than my top plate - I figured it would save desk space. These things are so heavy that it doesn't really matter (and the differences in sizes are so small that it isn't really evident in any case).

You are correct, once you add the touches to make them truly perfect (the sizing, and the 16 rubbert inserts) and the shipping, they turn out to be more expensive not less. But the price is in the same neighbourhood, and I truly believe these are the best solution for the 'desktop problem' available right now at any price, at least that I could find.

I just reached out and tugged on one of them and it made the entire desk move forward. 15 kg each. How much does your speaker weigh? My PMCs weigh 4.5 kg. That's why the stands work so well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts