Denon vs Onkyo receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Am going to buy a Panasonic 46PZ85U, Panasonic BD30 BlueRay and am not sure on the reciever. The dealer sells Denon and is quoting the AVR 1908 but I had been thinking of the Onkyo 605 due to all the rave reviews. No idea on the differences. Be interested in any opinions or info that anyine might have. Thanks SwissChris

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You know, Chris, buying an AV receiver is very like making love to a beautiful woman...

First you choose the one that looks the prettiest, and you take it home, and for a while everything seems lovely. Then you wonder whether you might be having more fun with the one that looks plain, but seems to have more to offer. Finally, someone tells you there's an even better one due any day now, and you wonder whether you should have waited before doing the whole chocolates and flowers thing and rushing into it.

I'd wait and see how good the new Onkyo 606 is before taking the plunge. It looks like it should be at least as good as the TX-SR605, and with more on offer - sorry, better facilities - and if it's not, chances are you'll be able to get a good price on the 605 when the new one is out.

A

Anonymous

Thakns Andrew, was not aware of the 606 coming out. Any idea when? Will check the Onkyo website as I am in the US. Am wanting to buy right now, just moved into a new house. Cheers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Oh right. Should be available in the next month or so I gather, and I think already being advertised by some US retailers.

Hope you didn't think I was going gaga with the Swiss Toni allusion - not sure if that TV show made it to the States...

:)

A

Anonymous

Very funny Andrew. I think you should endevour to reply to all posts in the style of Swiss Toni :)

A

Anonymous

no probs, am a Brit so that's where it comes from plus have been living in Switz the last 6 years so all adds up. the 606 is not showing on the Onkyo USA site and it does show some coming soon products etc 576

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="swiss chris"]the 606 is not showing on the Onkyo USA site and it does show some coming soon products etc 576[/quote]

Same on the Onkyo UK site. But the major differences are summed up here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts