Denon RCD-M37DAB Owners (Or Just Anyone Who Knows The Spec)?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Hello all.

I have the opportunity to buy one of these at what I think is a decent price (£70.00, but I don't know the original price...?).

However, I have a couple of concerns.

Firstly, the radio is not working and I'm told it would not take much to get it working. This is important as it'd be the main reason for having it. Can anyone be more specific about what it maytake to get it fixed?

Secondly, the alarm function is important. I would need to be able to tell it to turn on the radio at x time in the morning, but also at x volume. Anyone know if it will do this? I know many will just use the volume at which you last listened. Oddly, my current radio (Pure Tempus 1XT) says that in the manual, but you can actually set the volume.

It's be nice to have something in th ebedroom with a remote and MP3 disk ability.

Anyway, any help much appreciated.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I've spoken to two places, both a way away*, who would take £35-45 before diagnosing. Though in one case they said that it would be taken off the price of any work.

EDIT *But reccomended on the Denon UK site.

A

Anonymous

Denon DM38DAB @ Superfi 169 pounds for a new model new unit.

I dont know about UK but generally repairs for low priced equipment is just not worth it.

John Duncan

http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hifi-systems/denon/dm38dab/deno-dm38dab-sil

http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/wharfedale/diamond-9.0/whar-9.0-blk

Course, no idea whether it does the volume thing...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Cheers John, I was just looking at that one on Supefi. As long as it has a radio alarm function I guess I could put it on at the volume I want, turn it off (I don't tend to fall asleep to the radio) then turn it down with the remote when it startles me in the morning.

I've seen one or two tasty ones with ipod docks* which opens up more possibilities but then I don't use itunes as my library and player, though I have it as i use the store now and then.

*And the budget would have to increase.

John Duncan

Or you could buy this, which is what I've got:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pure-Chronos-CD-DAB-Digital-and-FM-Alarm-Clock-Radio-CD-Player-Black-/290697378559?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_PortableAudio_Radios&hash=item43aee9faff

Remote, mp3 disc compatibility, half-decent sound (for a clock radio).

A

Anonymous

Yes you can set it at a certain time and it will turn on for that. You can then even set when you would like it to switch off. The volume level is determined by what level it was switched off at.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
The Pure Sensia will also do most of this and is in budget. I might be biased cos I have one but it is a relocatable beast with network ability too. (and alarm but it comes back on at the same volume as before so just remember to set it)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts