Denon PMA 720 AE vs. Pioneer A 30 amplifier for warmer sound

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I am going to replace my old Arcam Alpha7R amplifier because is very noisy (I thik it has some technical problem, I like the Arcam sound)

My system: Atrcam CD 72 (I like it very much, on of the best budget player of all time), Acoustic Energy Aegis Neo 1 speakers. I can not afford a new Arcam or Rega amplifier, and I can not buy second hand Arcam amp. in my country

I had last year NAD 326BEE (I liked the warm,fluid sound of NAD), but I sold because of inprecise volume adjusting by remonte control (very annoying)

Can you tell me wich amplifier (Denon PMA 720 or Pioneer A 30 ) has warmer and more musical sound?

I listen classical music.

Both amps are now at the same price in my country

Thank you for response

ReValveiT

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Big vote for the PMA-720 here. Got one a month or so ago and I'm quite taken aback by how good it sounds. Really good build too.

Can't speak for the Pioneer I'm afraid.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Thank you. I just want to avoid bright, clinical sounding amplifiers like some budget Rotel, Cambridge Audio, Marantz are

Hi Tibor

Also look at used/discontinued amplification. In your case a NAD C370
regular_smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

aob9

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Tibor said:
Thank you. I just want to avoid bright, clinical sounding amplifiers like some budget Rotel, Cambridge Audio, Marantz are

I have a budget Cambridge Audio Topaz amp. The Denon is much more relaxed by comparison although the What Hifi review would imply otherwise.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, I really like the Pioneer A30, but it has less power than your NAD or the Denon. Can you try them in the shop? I wouldn't say the Pioneer is warm, particularly. Maybe you need an old Arcam or Marantz? Do you know if the C316BEE also has the same issue you find annoying with the remote?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts