Denon new AV Receivers

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Finally Denon announced it's new range for 2008.. Do a search for denon on google news.. few articles can be found there.. Hopefully WHFSV will get us more detailed info shortly
emotion-1.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="madeinstein"]
Finally Denon announced it's new range for 2008.. Do a search for denon on google news.. few articles can be found there.. Hopefully WHFSV will get us more detailed info shortly
emotion-1.gif

[/quote] This is the news I've been waiting for - an alternative to Onkyo 606! From reading that piece, the 1908 and 2308 replacements (cleverly named 1909 and 2309) now join the big boys with analogue upconversion and HD audio decoding!! This should mean that for £400-600 there is an option to get those specs without having an ugly machine with the additional and overlooked bonus of having pre-outs for my stereo speakers!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We're getting the full lowdown next week (plus review sample schedule), but in the meantime will get as much fully verified info up here as we can....

EDIT - Update: Denon UK are promising info shortly. We'll have a story up by this afternoon.

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]

We're getting the full lowdown next week (plus review sample schedule), but in the meantime will get as much fully verified info up here as we can....

EDIT - Update: Denon UK are promising info shortly. We'll have a story up by this afternoon.

[/quote]

Great! I'm also looking forward to some alternatives to Onkyo hot and ugly boxes..

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
As a owner of a Denon DV3930 I am very interested in the new Denon range as I would like to make use of the Denon Link, and also finaly be able to hear HD sound from my PS3, but need a amp on-par or better than my current Yamaha RXV-2500.
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

Well thats put a spanner in the works in a good way if thats possible. I was just about to go for the 606 and day now but now i'm not so sure at all, do you think I should wait until the denon's have been tested?

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site

'From' rather than 'in' June is the word at the moment! We'll know much more on Friday when we get the full UK rundown...

[/quote]

Thanks Clare

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Just back from Denon, so look out for a story in our home cinema section soon - no pics at moment, i'm afraid, but think of last year's models and you won't be far off!

Here's the very brief overview.

- New receivers in shops from August

- Five new models: Denon AVR-1509, AVR-1709, AVR--1909 (£450), AVR-2309 and AVR-2809 (£800).

- Existing higher-end models (AVR-3808, AVR0-4308 and the AVC/AVP pre/power) stay current until next year.

Loads of feature info to follow in the full story.

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Just back from Denon, so look out for a story in our home cinema section soon - no pics at moment, i'm afraid, but think of last year's models and you won't be far off!

Here's the very brief overview.

- New receivers in shops from August

- Five new models: Denon AVR-1509, AVR-1709, AVR--1909 (£450), AVR-2309 and AVR-2809 (£800).

- Existing higher-end models (AVR-3808, AVR0-4308 and the AVC/AVP pre/power) stay current until next year.

Loads of feature info to follow in the full story.
[/quote]

From what yo£'ve heard from Denon so far, do you think it's worth waiting for the new receivers rather than taking the plunge now?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
That's a tricky one - impossible to tell how good the new Denon and Pioneer kit is (and we know Sony's got some ambitious plans up its sleeve, too), and the new Onkyos show no sign so far of taking a step backwards.

What is great for consumers is how much effort everyone's putting into their 2008 ranges - the performance and value bar has been raised,and they're all going for it!

As i've said previously, we've got some exciting Group Tests coming up... and (as we're a few weeks away from having all our reviews online) you'll be able to read our verdicts first.

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
That's a tricky one - impossible to tell how good the new Denon and Pioneer kit is (and we know Sony's got some ambitious plans up its sleeve, too), and the new Onkyos show no sign so far of taking a step backwards.

What is great for consumers is how much effort everyone's putting into their 2008 ranges - the performance and value bar has been raised,and they're all going for it!

As i've said previously, we've got some exciting Group Tests coming up... and (as we're a few weeks away from having all our reviews online) you'll be able to read our verdicts first.
[/quote]

Great! I guess i'll wait for those reviews.
Thanks Claire

A

Anonymous

Well, it took longer than expected to get the specs/picture, but here you go with what we know so far.

[/quote]

Clare, thanks for the info. I've got a question that I'm hoping you can help me with. It has been rumored (through Denon Canada) that Denon will offer Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ -via a paid upgrade- to the 3808CI and 4308CI owners sometime in the fall. Since you are in contact with Denon UK, could you ask them if there are any such plans for us european users?

Thanks kindly in advance!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts