Denon M41 VS Yamaha CRXN470

spirit90

Apr 12, 2022
Visit site
I'm getting a CD setup for the bedroom, and need help deciding!

It's between the Denon M41 and the Yamaha CRXN470. I've heard mostly good things about the Denon (with a 5-star review here), but a small number of reviews state it didn't last long. I haven't heard too much about the Yamaha.

I'm going to be getting Klipsch bookshelf speakers.

The Marantz M-CR 612 is also an option, but it's very hard to find.

Thanks for your help.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi, personally just get the one you like the look of the most. If you look hard enough you’ll find negative reviews for any product, they are the most vocal.
Having said that the denon’s aren’t made quite like they used to be, but what is. Take that for what it is though.

spirit90

Apr 12, 2022
Visit site
I can vouch for that, with personal experience of the DM-40.
We know you get horror stories about anything but....with the operational problems reported plus testimony from a service engineer - I wouldn't buy a 41.

What would you recommend, then?

gasolin

6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD 22+ 22 watt is not alot, 10% is very high thd

For tv the power is okay anything above medium loud with speakers like spektor 1 (low sensitivity) is not gonna be loud, there is simply not power enough for loud music with less than 1% thd in 8 ohm, how good it is in 4 ohm i don't know

Gray

What would you recommend, then?
No good listening me - I recommended the ill-fated Denon to my brother (and was always recommending them to others on this forum).
It's worth remembering that they would have sold many thousands of them - so multiple failure reports may still only represent a small percentage.

If it wasn't for the bedroom (with its need for compactness) you'd have plenty of options for CDP or maybe an existing DVD player into a DAC / little class D amp, but sorry I can't recommend you an all-in-one.

TRENDING THREADS