Denon DP 450 Counterweight

ScottCo1976

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
Just bought the above & now setting up which was easy enough. However the counterweight was already attached to tonearm & whilst trying to balance the tone arm, it is not adjusting at all I’ve tried to remove weight with as much pressure as I can afford but not wanting to budge. Scared in case I cause irreparable damage.
Looks like it has been pushed on too far - see photo. Any advice 🤞🏻🙏🏻
image.jpg

ScottCo1976

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
Is the counterweight jammed on top of the mounting? Or is it maybe cross threaded?
Hi - thanks for quick response.
It looks & feel jammed to me. Doesn’t matter which way I turn the weight as there’s no noticeable movement in tonearm.
ive gave the weight a pull with as much force as I could use that should release it but nothing. Spent last hr + trying everything I could think of.
really frustrating as it arrived earlier & looking forward to using it. Tho had turntable for past 7 years, I’ve upgraded & first time which such a set up. Any help or advice to solve would be great.

ScottCo1976

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
Don't know if that counterweight had a rubber insert that may have perished or it's just been knocked o n too far. I would try some WD40 lubricant and keep working at it.
Thanks. Not sure myself. But I’ll give that a try. TBH I should’ve thought of that 🤦🏻‍♂️ As I’ve said it feels more or less jammed on. Fingers crossed it works. 👍🏻

ScottCo1976

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
Would anyone be able to advise on whether there is a thread or not that the weight turns on? A photo of the tonearm without the weight would be ideal...

ScottCo1976

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
Thankfully issue now resolved. With a bit of careful perseverance the counterweight eventually released somehow and turntable now playing 😅 Thanks to all who helped with comments 👍🏻

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 3

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts