Denon DM40 advice

Soulstylist

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, I am considering buying the Denon DM40 with Q acoustic 3020s as I want a system with superior sound quality at a resonable price, up until a few years ago I had a Teac H500 system with B&W speakers. The advice I need is that can I link it to my laptop using the front USB port, do i just plug it in and will it play from my Laptop. The denon does not have bluetooth connectivity and I want to Iisten to a lot of music on Youtube. Thanks in advance.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry ,Page 20 of the manual says USB or ithings only you can connect using a 3.5mm to phono cable , or optical if your laptop has that , or usb to usb dac to phono

James

Soulstylist

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, That answers my question. I have an ipod, ipad and iphone and I also use a 3.5 jack at the moment with my laptop to a soundbar, I may well use this option and link the Denon also to my TV with optical, cheers for the reply.

Gray

A D-M40 was delivered to me this week, bought for my brother, but I've been playing with it for a couple of days. An impressive little unit with really only one unuseable feature: 'SDB' (Super Dynamic Bass) which gives a +8dB bass boost.

Lossless via USB, new on this model, is handy too.

The 40 replaces a (faulty) DM-37 given to us by a friend. The 37 had developed a couple of intermittent faults with its electronics - so hoping for better reliability from this 40. Sounds OK though even through Wharfedale Denton speakers modified with Mission 700 tweeter and crossover (don't ask).

Within reason it's hard to imagine many speakers being too good for the capability of this unit and I think the Q Acoustics could be a good match.

No doubt you know Gordon, that there's currently '£70 off' the DM-40 in a few places.

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Denon Ceol N8 and use to have the Denon DM37, and would say that the Denon Ceol does sound better, and with the added features of internet radio and wi-fi streaming etc is well worth the extra money and believe the newer Denon Ceol N9 has bluetooth as well, I use it with Dali Zensor 1 speakers and it sounds excellent, it really is a very good little system

You could pick up the Denon Ceol N9 with Dali Zensor 1 speakers for £389.00 inc vat

http://exceptional-av.co.uk/hifi/hifi-bundles/denon-ceol-rcd-n9-w-dali-zensor-1-speakers.html?gclid=CM7X1r6F6cwCFbQV0wodkr0CWA

Soulstylist

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I've now purchased the DM40 and the 3020s, just waiting on delivery, anyone know if I can add a bluetooth adapter to listen to music from laptop? Also if it is possible what would be the best adapter?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The DM40 has a Type A usb socket that is used for compatible portable players, tablets and phones along with correctly formated usb memory sticks.

It is not designed for direct usb connection from a PC, that is an entirely different protocol and to make this quite clear uses a different usb Type B socket.

What other audio outputs do you have from your PC?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts