Denon dm38DAB Speaker suggestions

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CraigShaw

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, i am going to go back and audition the 2020i and compare them to the bx2s. If they have that same something or better i will definately go for them, ill go tonight since the black ones are on special order. I too found the bx2s were less musical than the bx1s and the zensor 1 (obviously) so would be an interesting comparison, the 2020i might just be that special speaker im looking for

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
But will the 2020i fit on a regular stand ?

I have these ; (topplate is 14cmx18cm)

atacama_se_bk_8001267626555_711.jpg

gasolin

CraigShaw said:
Thanks, i am going to go back and audition the 2020i and compare them to the bx2s. If they have that same something or better i will definately go for them, ill go tonight since the black ones are on special order. I too found the bx2s were less musical than the bx1s and the zensor 1 (obviously) so would be an interesting comparison, the 2020i might just be that special speaker im looking for

Theres a huge price difference, more the 50% (in denmark), alone that would make the Q Acoustic a better buy

If the price where the same price like in the middle, 200£ i guees Whathifi would find it difficult to chose which one is the best in 200£ price range

CraigShaw

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree but there isnt much in it, but the q acoustics are only £40 cheaper here (gloss black) so i ended up buying the bx2s due to positioning restrictions i have (front ports being the sensible option) their old school look and our lass probly hates their size lol! (my hifi my rules!) verdict is, i love them, they have more clarity than the sc f107's i have, and plenty of body and warmth, I have no problem with the musicality of them either, i find them very musical. I listened to a bit of lana del rays album since it well produced and has great vocals and i was blown away. Just listening to the courteeners falcon album and find the vocals great too. Will try out a bit of drum and bass and a bit of prog rock later (yes thats how diverse my tastes are!) Think ill put some Rush on now (from vinyl). Really enjoying these, they make my modest m38 sing!

I want to thank everybody for your input and time. I hope i can return the favour one day.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts