Denon DM37 (mains hum through the headphone socket?)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently bought the DM37 micro hi-fi system as it had 5 stars from What hi-fi and listening to the sound for myself

However when listened through headphones on dab or cd you can notice a small amount of hum, is this normal or would you expect it to be totally silent like a separates system?

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
A number of people have reported headphone hum, particularly on another site. I have no such problems with my system and I think it may be difficult to say whether it's a design or manufacturing problem. I seem to recall that one guy solved his problem by twiddling around with the headphone plug in the socket but you also have to bear in mind that headphone outputs, particularly in budget set ups, are of relatively primitive design. If headphone listening is important to you then it may be worth auditioning a headphone amp.

A

Anonymous

Do you noitice this hum just with CD or DAB or is it present when listening to other sources too via headphones?

A

Anonymous

It is an intermittent problem which is sometimes not there at all, I have only tried cd and dab and noticed it on both these two sources

Che1

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem too... i'd describe it as a hiss rather than a mains hum.

Try this, set it to source direct and see if the hiss remains. I found it appeared when either turning the bass boost thing on or adjusting the bass/treble settings in any way.

I found it to be rather lacking in bass so a small bass adjustment was needed, which then gave an incredible hiss through the headphones which meant i might as well have been listening to tapes. Terrible as well when watching films and using the unit for audio, the hiss is always present.

Che1

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
I should add this was a replacement for a similar but much older denon system, which was completely silent through the headphones.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Just tried mine with headphones for the first time. Should have done it before really, had it 5 months now. Anyway, absolutely no hum at all, total silence in fact.

Che1

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
Trying taking if off source direct and see if there's any hiss. Adjust the treble up or down, or bass or anything and see if it appears.

A

Anonymous

mikesndbs

I got my denon repaired under the warranty, now there is no mains hum at all when listening via headphones (There was never any hum when listening via the loud speakers)

Send yours back for repair, it can be fixed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts