Denon AVR2808

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All

Im interested in purchasing an amp Denon 2808. The cheapest i can find it is £500 but it seems ive missed an apportunity to get it for £400 as that offer has now expired.

So does anyone know where i can get this amp any cheaper?

If not can anyone recommend an amp that is similar to this?

Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JamiePattison:
Hello All

Im interested in purchasing an amp Denon 2808. The cheapest i can find it is £500 but it seems ive missed an apportunity to get it for £400 as that offer has now expired.

So does anyone know where i can get this amp any cheaper?

If not can anyone recommend an amp that is similar to this?

Thanks

It is a good receiver but you are better off going for the new Yamaha 863. These can be had for a few quid short of £500 and are supposed to be brilliant at that price. Bear in mind that the Yamaha is an amp (no tuner).

A

Anonymous

Thanks.....but is this Yamaha better than the Denon 2808 and does it have all the features that the Denon 2808 has?

Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JamiePattison:
Thanks.....but is this Yamaha better than the Denon 2808 and does it have all the features that the Denon 2808 has?

Thanks

If you want multi room, then no, it's not up to the Denon. However it has three hdmi to the Denon's two and I reckon it will sound better. Clare??

A

Anonymous

Not to sure how many HDMI connections i may need....hmmm im not too sure which one i would prefer now
emotion-1.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JamiePattison:Not to sure how many HDMI connections i may need....hmmm im not too sure which one i would prefer now
emotion-1.gif

Or you could spend a bit more and get my one. It's brilliant and better than the 2808 (has 4 hdmi) in my opinion - although I've only heard the 2808 with the MT-30 speakers.

A

Anonymous

Is yours CA 840A? What model is that if so and how much is it? Is it 7.1? and what speakers (preferably for surround sound) would you recommend.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JamiePattison:
Is yours CA 840A? What model is that if so and how much is it? Is it 7.1? and what speakers (preferably for surround sound) would you recommend.

No that's my stereo amp. My AV receiver is the Sony STR-DA3400es. Yes, 7.1.

Speakers wise, how much do you have to spend?

A

Anonymous

Overall all im after a 5.1 set of speakers nothing brilliant but decent enough as i would like to upgrade again in around a year or two when there are more movies avaiable on 7.1., hence the reason why i dont mind spending that extra bit on the amp so its at least "future proof".

On top of this i would like to have a CD player but would like to keep the budget to around £1000 in total.

I think this sony amp is around £600? Ive have to check the specs for it yet but will do that soon, so £400 to spend for a decent CD player and Speakers (5.1 for now is fine i think). If it goes above that then i would consider it.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JamiePattison:
Overall all im after a 5.1 set of speakers nothing brilliant but decent enough as i would like to upgrade again in around a year or two when there are more movies avaiable on 7.1., hence the reason why i dont mind spending that extra bit on the amp so its at least "future proof".

On top of this i would like to have a CD player but would like to keep the budget to around £1000 in total.

I think this sony amp is around £600? Ive have to check the specs for it yet but will do that soon, so £400 to spend for a decent CD player and Speakers (5.1 for now is fine i think). If it goes above that then i would consider it.

You are cutting it fine with that budget. Forget so much on the amp. Most offer 7.1 these days. You could get the Sony STR-DA2400es for £380 (Richer Sounds). That would be fine, more than fine. It's regarded as the best in it's price range for stereo playback. If you want a cd player and a decent 5.1 set up for £600 ish, it's a tough one. I would go for the Q Acoustics 1010i system at £449 (see link below) and I wouldn't go too mad with a cd player with this system as it will be wasted. Something like, the Cambridge Audio 340C for £170. If you already have a dvd player, it would be a wiser move to spend £200 on the CA DacMagic and use the dvd player as transport for your cds to the DAC. This is what I do with my bluray player.

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3676

A

Anonymous

So whats the difference between buying lets say the Denon 2808 or Sony STRDA3400ESB and the Sony you have recommended? Do they sound any different as i thought the sound from the Denon was superb....

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts