DENON AVR X2200W Bass problems

adamg64

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Well I decided on the denon and have it up and running, at the moment there seems to be a distinctive lack of bass if any at all tbh, its very odd now I would fine it hard to believe this is a problem of the denon I check my wiring and also the ran setup twice and also checking settings to see were im going wrong.

Proper stumped.

Running a 5 speaker setup and "NO sub" never had the need of a sub because of the front speakers are floor standing and bi-amp.

Seems to me ive got something wrong.

Any ideas guys?

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
adamg64 said:
I see, i was a little breif but its maily the fronts im getting nothing tbh, thats usually my main source of bass or was.

Just a check, have you told the amp you do not have a sub.

adamg64

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
yea first thing i checked, gonna double check everything again tho to be sure.

Im a total novice and its only my second amp my onkyo607 died on wednesday.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
adamg64 said:
Yea ran audyssey and they are set to large, tannoy mercury bi-amp floorstanders
Due to the above statement, and the bold bit I have highlighted, are you saying you are bi-amping them? If so, there may be something wrong here. "Un-bi-amp" them and just connect them up normally and see if that solves your problem. If it does, then there was something wrong in the the setup of the bi-amping, which may explain why you're getting no bass.

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
adamg64 said:
Due to the above statement, and the bold bit I have highlighted, are you saying you are bi-amping them? If so, there may be something wrong here. "Un-bi-amp" them and just connect them up normally and see if that solves your problem. If it does, then there was something wrong in the the setup of the bi-amping, which may explain why you're getting no bass.

You beat me to it David, that was my next suggestion.

adamg64

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
adamg64 said:

Sorry how do i un bi-amp them?

in settings or via wires? if the wires the amp or the speakers themselves?

adamg64

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Ok just setup some music a nice bassy track, ran track at current setup before i had a play arround with settings first its very weak the hole the bass comes out its not blowing much where as on old setup it was very powerfull.

I tried some settings first LPE was set to max so nothing there when i changed.

I tried setting it to a normal 5.1 not biamp and it sound like i was listening through headphones.

Now after the suggestion to remove wires i started with the high L and R and straight away the music was almost non existant it once again sound like headphones.

My sounding like headphones if u imagine playing music through them but taking them out and leaving on the table similar sound from them.

Any thoughts?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
For the front left and right speaker, you'll need cables connecting to your front left and right speakers - but as you want to test to make sure everything is ok with the speaker, you need some links between the two positives and two negatives on the back of the speaker, otherwise you'll get either no bass or no treble depending which ones you remove.

Completely unplug any speaker cables you have from the receiver. Make sure the links are in the speaker terminals. And run a single speaker cable to each speaker (positive and negative two core cable) from the receiver. Just test it in two channel mode, forget surround sound for now. Pure direct would be a good idea to bypass any settings that might be causing the issue.

adamg64

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
ok judging by that previous post them speaker terminal links are the gold metal bracket type things that were on the speaker terminals a the back?

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
28285991091_601e9fe4d4_o.jpg

For single wiring should look like the one on the left, could be the metal brackets or speaker wire both do the same thing.

adamg64

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
ok we could be getting some where, i have a very curious two year old at home shes been facinated by the speakers from young forever fishing things out of the speakers what she put in through the bass hole.

Them brackets are no longer there all 4 have gone suspecting shes had them off at some point.

Could this be the problem?

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

You only need the brackets for single wiring, if you have lost the brackets use some spare speaker cable.

Brackets not needed the way you have them currently wired, which I take is as per the diagram below.

27748725034_0df5ff63ce_c.jpg

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
My point was to take things back to basics in order to determine the issue. Single wiring the speakers (with the speaker terminal links in place) and not bi-a ping them will tell you on a basic level whether or not your speakers are ok. If not, you've found your problem. If they are, then it was a set up or connection issue.

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I would go with David's suggestion, pure direct stereo mode, this will eliminate any auto setup getting in the way.

The front two are already set to full range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts