Denon AVR-3311 and suitable CD player

tony0898

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello

I have decided to settle for the Denon AVR-3311, purely on reviews and recommendatiods and the styling etc, i think i would have gone for an ONKYO but the green displays they use bugs me for some reason.

My original plan was to buy a universal player, but due to future upgrades and to save money i have decided to go another route.

I have a Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu Ray player, with this connected to the Denon AVR-3311 (which i believe has a good upscaling chip) would this provide a good quality of standard DVD playback. I have a Marantz DV7001 (which i am trying to sell) which in my opinion, upscales my DVDs excellantly, so really i am looking for a result equal or better than that.

Secondly, to then cover my CD playback i have been considering the Denon DCD-710AE, as it will match the AVR-3311 (Cosmetics!) or the Marantz CD6003.

In brief, will the Panasonic DMP-BD35 and Denon AVR-3311 be a good match in regards to good DVD upscaled images?

Which of the two CD players would be recommended or any other alternatives (budget of £300-£400 ideally)?

Or should i pluck for a universal player and what recommendations?

Hope someone has the answers i'm looking for.

Kind regards

Tony

A

Anonymous

Your best option on a universal disc spinner in that price range would probably be the Cambridge Audio 650BD, but even then I am not sure it will sound as good as a budget CD player if music play back is your main driver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts