denon avr 1910 hdmi handshake panny bd35

striple

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
happy new year all can anyone help ?

i've a denon 1910 connected to a panny bd35 blu-ray via qed performance hdmi cables same to panny 37lzd81 tv.

when the bd35 was connected straight to tv no problems,but via the denon the dreaded u73 error appears every so often,tried swaping cables etc no difference. the solution is to switch off amp and power on again and it connects 9 times out of 10 why,any ideas?

i've downloaded the latest firmware for player 1.7 makes no difference.it's not a major problem but has anyone else similar teething problems.

btw player is set to bitstream secondary audio off so amp does the decoding. thanks

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I have the same set up and no problems (mine is connected with a Chord HDMI) - I assume you have allocated the inputs correctly on the Denon amp ?

striple

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the reply

to be honest not sure what inputs i should be checking could you let me kown if poss what to check.

i've not tried another hdmi cable as i already have two, and they both work with bd player direct with tv with no u73 errors.

thanks

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
there is an menu called input set-up where you need to tell the amp which piece of equipment is connected to which input, it is difficult to explain, but if you do a google search for Batpig Denon guide, that makes it a little clearer and is what I used.

A

Anonymous

I dont know if this will help but I have the Yahama rxv 1065 and had a similer problem. After some frustration the answer I found was to swith on the equipment in this order. TV first, then amp and then DVD player. Now everything works everytime.

It seems that the amp seesthe TV then the DVD sees the amp, try it nothing to loose.

John

TRENDING THREADS