Denon AV receiver problem

Lightuser1

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
When I got home tonight and turned on my Denon AVR X 2000 receiver, it worked for a few seconds and then turned off. The red standby light flashes constantly and I smelt a burning smell for a short while around the unit. Leaving it and plugging in makes no different, so now I must try and get it repaired.

The unit is not yet 2 1/2 years old and so is out of warranty but for a fault like this to occur is really unacceptable so soon. I have always regarded Denon as reliable brand, indeed my previous receiver was still working fine after 13 yrs when I replaced it, but this experience clearly suggests otherwise.

Has anyone else out there had a similar experience and if so was your unit repairable, and what order of cost for that could I be looking at?

thanks

Lightuser1

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I have now had a repair estimate for my Denon AVR 2000. Several components have 'burned out' and require replacement; £190! I have little choice but to sanction the repair, but I will be seeking some redress from Denon.

this unit is only a couple of months over 2yrs old, has never been dropped or knocked, always properly ventilated and never driven hard so it is hard to believe that components can fail like this so soon ( I will be seeking an opinion from the repairer as to whether or not there was a latent manufacturing fault responsible for this failure). Has anyone else had a experience of a similar occurrence witha Denon AVR?

I must admit My trust in Denon products has been shattered by this (it remains to be seen if they will redeem this with some good customer service in this case) Even when I eventually get it back fixed I can't trust this unit ever again, after such a fault. At the same time as buying my AVR 2000 I bought an REL subwoofer. It is notable that REL guarantee their products for 3 years. If Denon are so confident about their products why do they not do the same (notwithstanding their legal obligations). Does What Hifi take reliability/build quality into their account when choosing products of the year. This is clearly lacking now with Denon.

TRENDING THREADS