Denon amp not sending picture to amp

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
All working fine went out for 45 mins and came to to blank picture. I have tried 3 hdmis ect. So then i connected sky xbox px and apple tv all to tv direct on at a time fine all work then have factory reset denon amp still no joy. Really dont want to have to buy another amp.

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
May be barking up the wrong tree, but I have the 890 with a similar remote.

Just wondering if you've nudged the quick select button and inadvertantly reprogrammed one of them to a source that wasn't on?

I've done this myself and it can throw you

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I did a factory reset and put hdmi from apple to into dvd and selected dvd wthen use 2 power leads 2 4 hdmi and 2 tvs and never got picture through hdmi only sound.

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If it was picture and no sound it could've been a build up of dust in the headphone socket causing it to effectively fool the amp into believing it has headphones plugged in... Sound no picture though, not to sure

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Been inside and the dust was bad not been in for 4years but no signs of much gone wrong im pretty sure its the bit that switchs the hdmis and i think its gone in the off postion because when i try move inputs the sound is fine but i hear no click or anything so suggest the hdmi is switching. Maybe leave it powerless over night and iit may be ok. But looks like a trip to put up a £250 2012 sale amp tomorrow could really do with out this .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts