Denon 1940 1080P upscaling juddering

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
Post will be up here first - we'll make it nice and clear in the subject line!

[/quote]

Just wondered if the test has been done? And if so would someone link me to the thread? Thx!

A

Anonymous

Howdy

Did this issue ever get resolved? Would the 1740 be similarly effected too?

Thanks, max.

A

Anonymous

Is there anymore information on this? Has the staff completed their tests? Thx

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Apologies, what with closing the new issue of WHF?SV and the next Ultimate Guide to Systems, things got held up a bit. I'll get straight on to the technical team in the morning and find out what's happening.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
OK, just to update everyone, we've just run tests of the Denon DVD-1940 with the Samsung LE46F86 and had no problems with juddering when upscaling to either 1080i or 1080p. So next we're about to get one of the 'M' series TVs out of our stock room and try it with that... suspect it might be the slightly older Samsung models that are affected.

A

Anonymous

Thankyou Andy and the team for letting us know, its appreciated!!

My 1940 does judder on my bro in laws new Samsung TV only a few weeks old, Il find out what the exact model number is.

Would you please tell me what firmware version your Denon 1940 has?

Power on the player then press 1,2,3,4,Display. The firmware version is shown - my 1940 is v1.02.

Many thanks!!

A

Anonymous

ok Iv found out the model number of my bro in laws Samsung tv which DOES judder with the Denon 1940 at 1080. Its the Samsung LE37M86BD. Is this one of their newer models? Thx!

A

Anonymous

Yes, this is exactly my combination, with the same problem. My colleagues lower spec Samsung does not suffer when using the 1940.

A

Anonymous

Is there already more information on this problem? I am looking to buy the Denon DVD 1940, but I m also intending to buy one of the new series Samsung LCD TV sets that come out later this year in Spring. If there is a generic issue with the Denon 1940 and Samsung LCD TV's, then I might choose to go for the Pioneer 600AV DVD player instead.

I just bought the AVR3808 and a set of KEF's new XQ (20, 10 and 50C) series speakers to go along with that. These come in place of my Denon AVR3200, and JBL LX300's and SUB10 in 5.1 setup. Together with my current Denon DVD3000, this equipment has served me well for 10 years, but it is time for an upgrade. The next bit I am looking to buy is a good quality DVD player (no blu-ray yet, still to early for that), that will support most if not all different formats, but is not costing more than 400 euro's. Looking from the review here on Sound&Vision I though the DVD1940 would be the best choice, but these upscaling issues are worrying me. Is there anyone who can take those worries away?

A

Anonymous

Andy, has anyone in your team managed to replicate this problem yet?

A

Anonymous

Hi i just bought the Denon 1940 yesterday connected it to my brand new Samsung LE37M86BDX

and yes i have the Juddering problem is there any update on this situation? i would imagine a firmware update from Denon could solve the problem, since when i connect a PS3 to my TV there is no problem in showing a Full HD picture.

Best Regards

Asger Boll

A

Anonymous

I occasionally get juddering from my denon DVD1930 when connected to my Pioneer PDP506XDE It seems to be only on some discs, and adjusting the drive mode settings can help. I have the option o f 50, 75 and 100Hz on my telly and despite the lower frame rate, 50 is often best.

A

Anonymous

Hi i am a bit late joining this one but only searched as i have just got a 1940 and am having the juddering problem on my samsung TV, what is the best solution to the problem

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts