Denon AVR-1910 to Sky HD query.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello guys, I have a couple of queries and am hoping you can impart your knowledge and help me!

Basically I'm looking at buying the Denon AVR-1910 receiver and Jamo A102hcs5 speaker package. I chose these because I like the receiver and the speakers are the only ones in our budget. My questions concern the Denon:

Firstly, according to some websites the Denon has "HDMI-to-HDMI video conversion with scaling up to 1080p resolution". I'm a novice when it comes to technical stuff, but does this mean the receiver will upconvert all HDMI connections to 1080p? Reason I ask is because we're getting Sky+HD installed next week and I was wondering if I connected the SkyHD to the amp via HDMI will all the Sky channels (HD channels and SD channels) be upconverted to 1080p by the amp? Or am I completely wrong?

Secondly, if they are all upconverted to 1080p, will it affect the quality of the HD channels (eg. Sky Sports HD) as SkyHD only outputs at maximum 1080i?

Thanks for the help.

A

Anonymous

Hey Ha_Rooney01

I have the 1910 and it does upscale my Sky Hd to 1080p.

I havent really compared the native 1080i to the upscaled 1080p but would guess the upscaling would make a bit of a difference.

In general I'd say the hd from sky hd upscaled looks very impressive but there is still a noticeable jump from it to pure 1080p via a blu ray.

As for the 1910 -

It's a great amp, you wont be disappointed!!!!

Hope this helps....

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help Newton Heath. Hopefully will be getting the amp early next week!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts