Denon 1912 - Any good for 2 channel music?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I am thinking of upgrading my sysytem with a new AV receiver. I watch films and listen to music, I would say 50% - 50%.

So far I have found (looking on the web) either Denon or Yamaha are the best (under £400) for listening to 2 chanl music. I prefer denons, I have owned both denons and yamahas in the past. I will soon have a demo at richer sounds. But wanted get some opinons first.

Can any one help? Do you own a Denon.

Thanks,
Tim

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
You do not say what the speakers you are partnering this Denon or Yamaha amp with.

The Denon 1910 did not match my speakers when i had one ( I USED 2 DIFFERENT MAKES / BRANDS OF SPEAKER ), it doesn't mean it will not with yours though. If you are demoing them with the amp at RS you will soon find out if you like the sound, it is all subjective & you are the only one who can decide if you like it or not. Personally I have found the Yamaha more musical.

Regards ...

XSnPX

May 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi there,

I recently purchased a system and listened to the Onkyo 609 and Yamaha 671, and my priority was stereo sound (on the same budget as you). I sampled the amps with the QA 2050i, Missions 5s, B&W 685 and the KEF Q500. The choosen speaker of choice for me on both amps was the Q500s (blew all of them out of the water by a big margin), but out of the two amps the Onkyo in my opinion had more control over stereo and more power i wanted than the Yamaha. The Yamaha was more softer and subtle than the Onkyo, but a little too subtle for the music I listen too. I have not sampled the 1912 however it is said to be a bargain for stereo sound at the moment as you can pick one up under £280 now, the Onkyo and Yamaha are £100 more.

I would strongly suggest you demo all 3 amps before buying and see the one you like in Stereo mode...

Ben.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your input.

Apologies for not getting back sooner.

I have had the demo at RS and the yamaha came out on top for me. I tried both with a few speaker combos as I will be upgrading my speaker later in the year. My current speakers are not worth mentioning.

Ben, as you said in your post, it is a £100 dearer than the Denon but i think it is worth the money IMO.

Thank you both.

Regards,

Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts