Denon 1910 AVR upgrade - what to consider?

Gimp67

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Grrrr,

just lost me intro...

Try again...

Just bought Denon 1713UD following advice from these forums.

Now feel my older 1910 AVR is left a little lacking. So sticking with Denon, how do the model numbers break down?

Happy to buy new or secondhand, not bothered about bells and whistles.

Looking to move up a level or 2 in 'quality' - you know what I mean.

Don't want to buy the current version of my 1910.

cheers folks.

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Current version of yours would be like the AVRX1000, perhaps the AVRX2000/X3000 would deliver the performance boost you're after? Provided of course you're happy sticking with Denon.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Gimp67 said:
Just bought Denon 1713UD following advice from these forums.

Now feel my older 1910 AVR is left a little lacking. So sticking with Denon, how do the model numbers break down?

I'm not clear in what exactly respects your Denon AVR-1910, which was a five-star product in its day, indeed it was the What Hi-Fi 2009 Awards "Product of the Year" for home cinema amplifiers, you now consider to be lacking. I bought one, and the only reason that I don't still have it is that I gave it away to a dear friend of mine when I got my Denon AVR-4810 four years ago. Do you feel that the 1910 is not as good as newer machines, or do you feel that its sound has got worse over the years?

A

Anonymous

I'm also thinking about an upgrade from my Denon 1910- I find the dialogue can be a bit lost in the mix and needs a lift to make it more audible.

I have a Q Acoustics 1000c centre with 1010is for front and surround so I'm not sure if a change in centre speaker would be the way to go.

Also the 1910 doesn't play well with 3D so that'd be another reason to upgrade the amp.

I was wondering about the Yamaha RX-V675 but then got sidetracked by the good value of the RX-V1073.....

Gimp67

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Son_of_SJ , the 1910 is a good amp, the only reason I'm looking around is to consider an upgrade. I bought the 1910 following WHF's review, as best in it's class. I'm looking to move up a class if I can. As newer amps are about to appear on the horizon, I'm looking to, say. the Denon AVRX3000, as it WAS an £800 amp, now nearer £400. The 1910 started out as a £400 amp. Does this seem logical, or have just got a case of 'upgradeitis' that I need to shake off? PS, I too notice that centre channel speech can be overwhelmed by everything else. I just turn it up a bit...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts