deleted

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
knaithrover said:
Audioengine A2 secondhand for around £100 is your best bet. Stunning for the price.

But then maybe not, apparantly they have 'bad treble'.

The OP has been given solid advice by people who have been around this particular block a fair few times but seems no closer to knowing what he wants.

Given that gaming is a big part of the requirement, a sub might be important. Try and get an Aego M system shipped out of London, I think this would be the best bet if buying new.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Dragonsword said:
knaithrover said:
Audioengine A2 secondhand for around £100 is your best bet. Stunning for the price.

Are they better than the Q Acoustics 2010i and 2020i?

They are different things so you can't compare them. Audioengine has a built in amp. The Q Acoustics speakers require an amplifier to work so therefore sound different/better depending on what they are matched with.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Dragonsword said:
knaithrover said:

They are different things so you can't compare them. Audioengine has a built in amp. The Q Acoustics speakers require an amplifier to work so therefore sound different/better depending on what they are matched with.

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
knaithrover said:
Dragonsword said:
knaithrover said:

Which cheap, used amplifier would be good? Would the Denon AVR-1507 be any good?

And does the amount of watt the amplifier has matter or not? Because the speakers are 2x75W can they work on for example a 50W amplifier?

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Dragonsword said:
knaithrover said:
Dragonsword said:
knaithrover said:

Which cheap, used amplifier would be good? Would the Denon AVR-1507 be any good?

And does the amount of watt the amplifier has matter or not? Because the speakers are 2x75W can they work on for example a 50W amplifier?

You can't go far wrong with Nad, Arcam or Marantz's more recent models second hand

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
knaithrover said:
Dragonsword said:
knaithrover said:
Dragonsword said:
knaithrover said:

You can't go far wrong with Nad, Arcam or Marantz's more recent models second hand

I need a small amplifier which is around 20 cm or smaller, because I don't have much room left on my desk. Are Lepai amplifiers any good?

Or a Skytronic amplifier? I found one new for 60 euro.

So what's a better buy. Audio Engine A2 used for 100 euro or Q Acoustics 2010i new for 160 euro + amplifier for 20 - 60 euro?

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Googling Lepai brings up a lot of links like this http://www.technologypep.com/dont-buy-lepai-lp-2020a-tripath-ta2020-class-t-hi-fi-audio-amplifier-until-you-read-this-review.html

and http://www.head-fi.org/products/lepai-lp-2020a

The review by 'Johnnythegeek' indicates that it is generally good value, but 'The big question mark with a T amp is that it runs out of steam when pushed in a hurry. I also find Bass not so solid, and treble seems a bit brash on some music.'.

Maybe the treble is not an issue if you are playing games, but the bass might be.

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
expat_mike said:
Googling Lepai brings up a lot of links like this http://www.technologypep.com/dont-buy-lepai-lp-2020a-tripath-ta2020-class-t-hi-fi-audio-amplifier-until-you-read-this-review.html

and http://www.head-fi.org/products/lepai-lp-2020a

The review by 'Johnnythegeek' indicates that it is generally good value, but 'The big question mark with a T amp is that it runs out of steam when pushed in a hurry. I also find Bass not so solid, and treble seems a bit brash on some music.'.

Maybe the treble is not an issue if you are playing games, but the bass might be.

The treble is an issue when I'm listening to music and I listen to music more often than I play games and I need good bass for both of them. And the amplifier is only 20W which isn't enough for the Q Acoustics 2010i. Will the Q Acoustics 2010i have enough bass for games, movies, video's and genres with a lot of bass? Or should I buy the Audio Engine A2 or A2+ instead?

And do you think the Skytronic Amplifier will be any good? I've asked the person who sells it what it's called exactly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts