Definitive Technology Mythos speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good evening everyone

I've just moved house and I'm lucky enough to have a room which I can use as a cinema room (actually it's going to be a library as well but I won't worry about that bit)

My wife is happy for me to indulge my hi fi passion but only to a point. In the main lounge I'm going to run a Bryston / Proac stereo set up but in this second room I've been asked to buy something with some style.

I've been having a look at the Definitive Technology range and the Mythos speakers certainly look stylish and a couple of the reviews I've found rate them highly.

But no What Hi Fi reviews as far as I can see.

Does anyone know anything about them, and how they would compare to other decent makes. Another option is to keep with the Proac range and perhaps purchase some Hexas instead.

Any comments gratefully received

Thanks

Steve

A

Anonymous

Both Mythos ST and STS sound amazing, + these are semi active speakers , they sound really good, quite fancy for a surround sound , the front left and right can easily be described as audiophile speakers.

apparently you don't mind paying a premium for buying US made speakers, cause as you know when it comes to US made speakers and audio equipments 1$= 1 pound + percentage of the dealer so you end up paying a hefty premium which kept me from buying the STS

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I wasn't that keen on them, and thought they were overpriced. But then, I've not been keen on many slimline lifestyle loudspeakers, especially in comparison to the ProAc TriTowers.

A

Anonymous

If you are used to a very high standard ( I don't know which pro Ac you have) definitely you will hear the difference, not to mention the other factors that affects sounds, maybe the speakers you heard needs some time to run in because they are brand new, not to forget personal taste ...

since you have your audio system that you really like why don't you get a pure 5.1 system, Bose will do the job , Anthony Gallo small speakers are nice and sound very well (with movies)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the responses.

I'm not completely wedded to Proac, although my Response 1.5's are fantastic.

It will be a 5.1 system that I'm building and although the ST's look good, I will probably stick with the wall mounted options.

Any other thoughts?

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts