Decisions Decisions............

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Right guys one question does coaxial or optical transfer the best sounding audio.

Having read hundreds of posts over the years in various forums i'd say opinions are pretty much 50/50, but that's all it seems to be just opinions can anyone give me a more definitive answer please.

Going to purchase either or today.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I prefer coax as it's a more reliable connection. RCA doesn't fall out at the drop of hat like optical can (no matter how much you spend on an optical cable) and I've never had any issues with coax. I use profigold digi-coax cables at around £10 each. There is no audible difference in my opinion. Some people will say that as digi-coax remains an electrical connection throughout, it is better.

Just my 2p worth (opinion not definitive answer!)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
davyreid:
Right guys one question does coaxial or optical transfer the best sounding audio.

Having read hundreds of posts over the years in various forums i'd say opinions are pretty much 50/50, but that's all it seems to be just opinions can anyone give me a more definitive answer please.

Going to purchase either or today.

Given a choice, I would always go for coaxial. I've only ever read that they are the same or that coaxial has the edge, never that optical is best.

If you look at the top manufacturers of cables, they don't really cater for high end optical cables but coaxial they do (for instance, Chord make a Signature Coaxial but it's top optical cable is about a third of the price).

A

Anonymous

I have tried both a coax (Cambridge Audio something at £20) and an optical cable (Atlas Optic Fibre, RRP £32 - got it a bit cheaper off ebay) connected to the DacMagic and all I can say is that they sound different. And for now I'm keeping with the optical one.

TRENDING THREADS