Decided against 4K for now. Which of the older LG Oleds is best?

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
After realising that my sources are not going to be 4K standard for a few years at least, I'd like to get the best 55"-ish 1080p set possible. As new 1080p are getting thin on the ground I'm leaning towards one of the earlier generation LG Oleds, but I've read of image banding problems on particular models (I'm aware it's easy to find 'issues' online for virtually all tv sets...).

So what's my best bet for a great 55" 1080p set - £500 to £1500 - new or used.

Thanks for your help!

D

Deleted member 2457

sensei_russ said:
After realising that my sources are not going to be 4K standard for a few years at least, I'd like to get the best 55"-ish 1080p set possible. As new 1080p are getting thin on the ground I'm leaning towards one of the earlier generation LG Oleds, but I've read of image banding problems on particular models (I'm aware it's easy to find 'issues' online for virtually all tv sets...).

So what's my best bet for a great 55" 1080p set - £500 to £1500 - new or used.

Thanks for your help!
In John Lewis Instore they still have some LG 55 ec930v OLED TVs for £1100. My Milton Keynes branch had 6 left last time I asked. They are not on the website though. The LG 55eg910 could also be a good deal.

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your replies gel!

Is there much difference between the 910 and the 930?

From what I've seen the 910 is newer but all have had probems with banding etc.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 2457

sensei_russ said:
Thanks for your replies gel!

Is there much difference between the 910 and the 930?

From what I've seen the 910 is newer but all have had probems with banding etc.

Cheers
I understand they are very similar, I wouldn't worry about the problems you have read, just buy from a good place eg John Lewis and then any problems you can swap for another one. My LG had banding in the first batch but in the second batch which I got it was fine - perfect in fact.

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Selfridges had an LG 55EC910V in stock so I bit the bullet and picked it up on my way home from work :)

I'm now enjoying Star Wars in 1080p for the first time ever. Mind. Blown...!

(My previous tv was 720p - an excellent long serving Panasonic Plasma).

The picture is glorious and the detail is amazing *clapping* Thanks very much for your help gel!

Next up is Raiders of the Lost Ark...

TRENDING THREADS