Dealing with insurance companies

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone had to deal with insurance companies with regards to their hifi products?

Recently my toddler decided to haul over my floorstanders by grabbing the speaker cable binding posts - as a result the binding posts cracked and have yanked the crossover out of place as well as weakening a few of the wires (i opened the speakers to take a look) the sound has been affected. I contacted my insurers and they got back to me with (in my estimation an unreasonable replacement) They wish to replace a pair of £500 floorstanders (10 yrs old) with a pair on sonus laptop speakers from pc world priced around £100 - I have explained that this is unreasonable and know await a reply from their supposed technical experts.

A

Anonymous

New for old cover is pretty standard amonst insurance companies, but you would need optional accidental damage cover to claim.

If you have had a few small claims like this, Insurance companies do not look favourably on repeated claims, especially for accidental damage (the classic way to get a new 'whatever').

Your speakers are probably worth what...£100 pounds now, so it might not be worth your while claiming after the excess and increased premium due to claims history.

Maybe you should just take it on the chin and see it as a good excuse to treat yourself to a new pair of speakers!

My previous job was a household insurance underwriter.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Pusscat:
Has anyone had to deal with insurance companies with regards to their hifi products?

Recently my toddler decided to haul over my floorstanders by grabbing the speaker cable binding posts - as a result the binding posts cracked and have yanked the crossover out of place as well as weakening a few of the wires (i opened the speakers to take a look) the sound has been affected. I contacted my insurers and they got back to me with (in my estimation an unreasonable replacement) They wish to replace a pair of £500 floorstanders (10 yrs old) with a pair on sonus laptop speakers from pc world priced around £100 - I have explained that this is unreasonable and know await a reply from their supposed technical experts.

I personally would try to find some that have recently sold on fleabay of the same type and tell them you want that amount of money so you can replace them. Or insist on a repair.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts