admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone owns the Darkvoice 336i and / or the Little Dot MkIII. Opinions / comparisons / verdicts / tube rolling suggestions / comments about shipping from China / complaints about these two headphone amps will be appreciated.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I've not heard the darkvoice

i have the little dot MKIII if you look in forums under my name i have made a number of remarks/comments about it - also orderd some new tubes to do a little bit of tube rolling - the item is great, well built, great sound, bought off Ebay from davidzhezhe - he is official retailer - he is on holiday at moment so no items on ebay - will be from monday i think he said. Item was well packaged from china took about a week and i didn't have to pay any customs charges.

David is great to deal with have emailed him a couple of times with queries especially about tube rolling and he has always got straight back to me - customer service second to non.

review here - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/review-little-dot-mkiii-tube-headphone-amp-pre-amp-309855/

I was thinking about buying a second one but orderd a project headbox mkII today instead as was only after it to use with my ipod in bedroom when gfriend is watching tv and the ipod wasn't powerful enough to drive my senn hd650s - will let you know how big the gulf in quality is between the two prob over the weekend as hoping for the project on friday.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
with regards tube rolling i have two sets of tubes on order a set of VOSHOD 6ZH1P-EV EF95 family and a set of MULLARD M8161 EF92 family - the voshods supposed to be great with rock and the mullards just a great all rounder - both NOS valves cost me about £13 for two sets of Voshod and just under £20 for the Mullards

A

Anonymous

Thanks matengawhat. So you're liking the Little Dot then... I'll be interested to hear the conclusion of your rolling. I've been reading on a couple of headphone forums the DV and the LD are a good match though the general consensus is the DV has the edge whilst the LD is cheaper. Apparently the LD has the better detail and mid-range whereas the DV goes deeper and is more fluid across the range.

One of these amps will be used with my AKG k701, I'd be very interested to hear any more views on either or especially if anyone has compared the two. Muchos.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
got both sets of new tubes today and its a doddle to swap them over, simply pull and replace just line up the spikes - trying the little Russian VOSHOD 6ZH1P-EV EF95 first and although only been in for an hour first impressions is bass has lost the little bit of a flabby sound that the stock tubes had and really tightened up the sound the mids seem a little clearer - gonna just run them over next few days and put some hours on them and see where we are then but hopefully these will do the trick - will prob leave the mullards for a few days and just try and get about 50 hours on these.

A

Anonymous

I'm a little dot user personally. Again not tried the Darkvoice but after a quick scout on other forums there seems to be a 50-50 split in opinion. In the end I don't think you can go wrong with either. My buying experience with the LtDot was great, 6 days from china, no customs paid, brilliant communication no complaints. Also both great looking products, nothing like the glow of those tubes!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts