Dali Zensor 5 vs Dali Icon 5 mk2

SwordfishV

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
My apartment is not very big http://s61.radikal.ru/i174/1304/31/d8464f8d1081.jpg

And the distance between me and the speakers will be about 3 meters or so.

I heard big floor standers need space and show detail at a certain level of volume.

So I am looking for small versions. In my search I came across Dali Zensor 5 and Dali Ikon 5 mk2

I compared Zensor 7 to Ikon 6 or 7 and liked Ikon more don't know about model 5 though.

I want to partner them with a REL T5 subwoofer for movies. Do I need HC amp to do it or stereo amp is enough?

What speakers, amp and subwoofer would you recommend.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
SwordfishV said:
My apartment is not very big http://s61.radikal.ru/i174/1304/31/d8464f8d1081.jpg

And the distance between me and the speakers will be about 3 meters or so.

I heard big floor standers need space and show detail at a certain level of volume.

So I am looking for small versions. In my search I came across Dali Zensor 5 and Dali Ikon 5 mk2

I compared Zensor 7 to Ikon 6 or 7 and liked Ikon more don't know about model 5 though.

I want to partner them with a REL T5 subwoofer for movies. Do I need HC amp to do it or stereo amp is enough?

What speakers, amp and subwoofer would you recommend.

It depends on what you regard as most important. If you watch a lot of films then a decent AV receiver is preferable. It can also help ease the load on the speakers (in the bass dept) if set the mains as "small" and let the sub do all the low bass-work.

I have Dali Ikon 6(mk 1) and they are lovely speakers. Certainly not too big for your space (which is actually pretty well sized (if you compare to the UK)).

From your image, it looks like you will have rears, so want surround...ie get an AV receiver. And IMO, you need a centre speaker. The Vokal 1 or 2 would be great with the Ikon 5 or 6 (or even 2)...

Personally I'd want a better sub. Look at the BK electronics XXLS 400 for starters.

In that case (with decent sub), and if you do as suggested and set other speakers to small, then standmounts are enough...The Ikon 2's are exceptional IMO.

Again though, it depends on your priorities.

SwordfishV

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I mostly watch movies but enjoy music to. I am not sure I will have space for the center. If I decide to go for AV receiver witch would you recommend. Dali Ikon 6 mk2 review said they need space to breath and distance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts