DALI Oberon 5

SiR

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
Hi Friends !!

Looking to set an 2.0 hifi system using Dali Oberon 5

It would be of immense help to get all your feedback of those using Dali Oberon 5 for hifi and HT, as later it would be used for HT too.

As of now, decided to hook it with Marantz PM 8006 + Desktop DAC [ iFi / Topping / SMSL ] + CD player

Would have the setting in the Living Room, with listening area L15'X12' W, seated 10 Feet from the speaker

{Right side Speaker will be placed in the 26 inch space from the side wall to the TV console, and both speakers almost 20 inches away from the back wall }

TIA

Hi Friends !!

It would be of immense help to get all your feedback of those using Dali Oberon 5 for hifi and HT, as later it would be used for HT too.

As of now, decided to hook it with Marantz PM 8006 + Desktop DAC [ iFi / Topping / SMSL ] + CD player

Would have the setting in the Living Room, with listening area L15'X12' W, seated 10 Feet from the speaker

{Right side Speaker will be placed in the 26 inch space from the side wall to the TV console, and both speakers almost 20 inches away from the back wall }

TIA
And what exactly are you concerned with?
Have you auditioned the Dalis?

Reactions: SiR
Hi Friends !!

TIA
I would suggest buy with confidence. However, just in case, make sure they come with a returns (assuming you can't demo)

They sounded mightily impressive, although I couldn't tell you what amp was powering them.

SiR

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
And what exactly are you concerned with?
Have you auditioned the Dalis?

User's experience is the one I wish to know. FM's who are using can share their experience, isn't
Though audition is the best one to judge but user's feedback can help to access few things, I believe

Saw few reviews and also video of Sound test in youtube, which was so impressive
[ of course, youtube videos doesn't reflect the real time experience ]

Though I haven't auditioned it but will soon do it

SiR

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site

SiR

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
YouTube reviews are only going to sound as good as the speaker you are actually playing it through....
absolutely no way to assess the quality of a speaker.

Absolutely !!

Apart from Audition, which is vital for selecting a speaker, User experience will give few infos that could be very helpful

Basso

Nov 13, 2021
Visit site
I use the Oberon 7 with a Marantz PM6005. They sound and look fab in my opinion. They are not fussy about positioning. They are designed to fire straight forward but I prefer a small amount of toe in.

SiR

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
I use the Oberon 7 with a Marantz PM6005. They sound and look fab in my opinion. They are not fussy about positioning. They are designed to fire straight forward but I prefer a small amount of toe in.

Welcome your input

Good that you are enjoying your listening.

What is your room size, distance from your speaker and have you done any specific room acoustics ?

TIA

Basso

Nov 13, 2021
Visit site
Welcome your input

Good that you are enjoying your listening.

What is your room size, distance from your speaker and have you done any specific room acoustics ?

TIA

My room is approx 7m x 4.5m. The speakers are approx 4m apart and I sit 4m from them. I have not applied any room acoustics.

Mark McC

Dec 31, 2022
Visit site
Hi SiR, did you end up buying the Oberon 5s and, if so, how do they sound? I'm about to buy a pair but been checking out comments on this forum before l pull the trigger......
All the best for 2023

SiR

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
Hi SiR, did you end up buying the Oberon 5s and, if so, how do they sound? I'm about to buy a pair but been checking out comments on this forum before l pull the trigger......
All the best for 2023

Hi Mark, I've postponed the purchase of speakers

But have got good feedback from the users who own it

Ensure to have a demo if possible, to get personal experience and feel good about your decision

Reactions: Mark McC

RJW232

Jan 2, 2023
Visit site
The Dali Oberon 5 in stereo was one of the stand-out demos about three years at the Bristol Show. Apart from the great sound they looked fabulous too - to my eyes, anyway.

Fully agree with that. I hope Dali will use the same design for their higher spec-ed speakers. The Oberon's look better than his more expensive brothers. And for the more expensive speakers they could use real wood veneer instead of vinyl wrapping.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts