Dali Lektor 1 vs. Tannoy F1 Custom vs. Mordaunt S. 902i

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Hello
I need your opinion to decide wich speaker would be the best to replace my Wharfedale Diamond 9.1. The W. Diamond for me is a bit dull and it lacks refinement and excitement at low volumes. I prefer classical music and I would prefer an uncoloured sound with smooth treble.I have Nad C 320BEE amp  and Nad 515BEE player

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Thank you, so I have to decide: the Dali Lektorÿ1ÿ or the Tannoy F 1 Custom. Whatÿisÿ the difference ?ÿTheÿDaliÿisÿsmaller,ÿsoÿIÿsupposeÿhasÿaÿlessÿdeeperÿbass.

A

Anonymous

Tibor,

Audition time, I think! You might also want to try the Q-acoustics range, which should go well with classical music.

Alternatively, live with the Wharfedales until you can get something like the B&W CM series.

A

Anonymous

I had a quick demo in richer sounds with a ca 640v2 amp and cd, the mordaunt short are better than tannoy's. It's a night day difference IMO.

Your amplifier will match with mordaunt's as it got a warm signature so treble will not be a problem with your amp.

I cant say for Dali speakers.

A

Anonymous

Again, I can't help but think from the speakers mentioned, that the BR2's would be a much better choice. The soundstage is much more convincing, never sound dull, perhaps the mid range is a bit cupped but the vocals and instruments are very expensive. For the size of the speaker it has excellent bass, it has great rhythm, isn't caught out by transients, is very dynamic and is just a much better proposition than any of these other speakers.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
ÿThank you for all responses.
ÿSorry, I have no posibility to try all speakers, only one.The Monitor A. BR 2 is over my budget, very expensive in my country.
ÿÿÿÿÿI do not realy trust in Mordaunt S. 902i , because I read many opinion about treble harshness and metalic sound, what I want to avoid with classical music.I have to sold my Kef IQ 1 because of metalic sounding treble(sibilance), I think the Mordaunt Shorts treble can be similar. I suppose you experienced, that a violin concerto can be unbearable with a harsh sounding speaker.

A

Anonymous

Can you get German speakers there? You might be better off with the cheaper Cantons, which are usually fairly neutral speakers.

A

Anonymous

Lol damn typos it was meant to read instruments and vocals are very expansive

A

Anonymous

Perhaps you can search second hand websites based in hungary?

A

Anonymous

Ah, shame the Cantons are over budget, they're so good but for some reason relatively unknown in the UK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts