Dali Euphonia MS4

Krissy11

May 3, 2004
Visit site
I have taken the plunge a bought a lovely pair of MS4 Dali Euphonia speakers from Ebay. I wonder if anyone has experiance of these speakers and what level of amplification they require. I am currently running a Cyrus system - CDX, DacX, PreVS2, AV8, Xpower (stereo) and smartpower (surround). Have I consigned myself to spending a whole load more money on MonoXs or will another X-power really make the MS4 sing. They seem as if they are holding back at the moment....

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Wow, they are fab, well done you for got hold of such a fine pair of speakers. The ribbon tweeters stuff are hard-ish to drive and although you like Cyrus (and lots of other people) I would go far beyond them! Think minimum of Krell 400Xi, MF 1008, Naim super nait or even Chord Prima and Mezzo! They are in that class and if you don't like them, let me know as I know a few people that will take your arms off!!!

Krissy11

May 3, 2004
Visit site
Thanks for the reply - sorry don't intend selling them just yet. I am intrigued that you suggest that the ribbon tweaters are difficult to drive - does this go for the entire Dali range or are the Euphonia different ?

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Wow I'm envious. The Dali Helicon 400 is my dream speaker that I hope to upgrade to one day, and if I were to buy that, I was thinking of having the Naim Supernait drive it.

Back to your MS4, I am also of the opinion that your current Cyrus amplification does not do justice to the MS4. You'll probably need to look for a more exotic pre/power, perhaps something from the Naim stable?

One thing I noted... The Helicon 400's nominal impedance is 4ohms, as are the MS4's. That also supports your need to get something really beefy to drive them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts