Daisy Chaining Active and Passive Sub

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
System: Sony BDV-570 Home Theater System. Consists of five satelittes and one passive subwoofer connected via speaker wire (dedicated speaker level subwoofer output from receiver to sub). Question: Is it okay to run the speaker wire into a Polk active subwoofer intially, and then pass it through to the passive Sony sub?

I understand this is not an audiophile system. However, the Sony sub is actually pretty good and I would like to utilize both subs, running the Polk at the lowest frequencies and then crossing it over at say, 60 hz and passing the signal to the Sony sub. I don't see any downside to this as the Polk would be just passing the amplification from the Sony receiver through its crossover to the Sony sub.

Any thoughts, advice or concern? Please be nice.

Thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I can't see it working. If the Polk has a pair of speaker outs at all, they'll most likely be for running to full range speakers, not another sub. Not being familiar with it, I can't say anything 100%. What model sub is it?

I'd stick to one or the other. The only way I can see you using both would be to run speaker cable from the Sony 570 to both the Sony sub & the Polk sub..... I can't imagine how it will sound though.

If I were you, I'd try both subs on their own. If you dont notice an improvement using the Polk sub, stick with the Sony sub and sell on or use the Polk sub elsewhere.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts