drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
https://hifimediy.com/New-Sabre-ES9038PRO-Chip?utm_source=Hifimediy+Newsletter&utm_campaign=9d1b0ee5cd-Hifime_Newsletter_8&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5e252e7fe2-9d1b0ee5cd-183299929&mc_cid=9d1b0ee5cd&mc_eid=c6f75d72d2

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
ES9038PRO
Looks interesting to someone like me with limited experience of op-amp 'rolling' (i am reading up on that Texas Instruments - Burr-Brown OPA1622 now).

However, when all is said and done, will another great ESS Sabre DAC chip provide anything more real/audible/musical than sexier technical specs 'copy' for marketing departments?

(Name dropping DACs and opamps here also gets me a better, more technical, class of advert on my iPad Mini, or so I have found in the past :) )

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
avole said:
You think it's and ad?

Isn't it?

It seems to be a load of people commenting on an item that doesn't yet exist but they are obviously trying to perfect it enough to actually sell...... an interest gathering excercise perhaps?
I may be wrong but i thought the oppo sonica uses this chip

Andrewjvt said:
Al ears said:
avole said:
You think it's and ad?

Isn't it?

It seems to be a load of people commenting on an item that doesn't yet exist but they are obviously trying to perfect it enough to actually sell...... an interest gathering excercise perhaps?

You are not wrong but I got the impression the link was pointing to somone proposing to build a cheap DAC utilising that DAC chip....

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
Andrewjvt said:
Al ears said:
avole said:
You think it's and ad?

Isn't it?

You are not wrong but I got the impression the link was pointing to somone proposing to build a cheap DAC utilising that DAC chip....

Yes understand what you meant now
What hifis review was not good.
Possibly not enough distortion for them or too neutral maybe?
Ive heard the dac and couldn't fault it on short term listening

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
:)

Hifime make decent and fairly priced DAC's.

Personally I think those figures quoted are theoretical and far beyond what the rest of any system can do.

Still, why not have the latest if that's important to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts