• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

DAC

drummerman

New member
Jan 18, 2008
540
1
0
https://hifimediy.com/New-Sabre-ES9038PRO-Chip?utm_source=Hifimediy+Newsletter&utm_campaign=9d1b0ee5cd-Hifime_Newsletter_8&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5e252e7fe2-9d1b0ee5cd-183299929&mc_cid=9d1b0ee5cd&mc_eid=c6f75d72d2
 

chebby

Well-known member
Jun 2, 2008
1,233
5
19,195
ES9038PRO
Looks interesting to someone like me with limited experience of op-amp 'rolling' (i am reading up on that Texas Instruments - Burr-Brown OPA1622 now).

However, when all is said and done, will another great ESS Sabre DAC chip provide anything more real/audible/musical than sexier technical specs 'copy' for marketing departments?

(Name dropping DACs and opamps here also gets me a better, more technical, class of advert on my iPad Mini, or so I have found in the past :) )
 

Gray

Well-known member
Nov 27, 2015
1,732
1,109
13,570
chebby said:
(Name dropping DACs and opamps here also gets me a better, more technical, class of advert on my iPad Mini, or so I have found in the past :) )
And yet there are still those that believe that targeted ads are coincidental.
 

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
Al ears said:
avole said:
You think it's and ad?
Isn't it?

It seems to be a load of people commenting on an item that doesn't yet exist but they are obviously trying to perfect it enough to actually sell...... an interest gathering excercise perhaps?
I may be wrong but i thought the oppo sonica uses this chip
 

Al ears

Moderator
Andrewjvt said:
Al ears said:
avole said:
You think it's and ad?
Isn't it?

It seems to be a load of people commenting on an item that doesn't yet exist but they are obviously trying to perfect it enough to actually sell...... an interest gathering excercise perhaps?
I may be wrong but i thought the oppo sonica uses this chip
You are not wrong but I got the impression the link was pointing to somone proposing to build a cheap DAC utilising that DAC chip....
 

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
Al ears said:
Andrewjvt said:
Al ears said:
avole said:
You think it's and ad?
Isn't it?

It seems to be a load of people commenting on an item that doesn't yet exist but they are obviously trying to perfect it enough to actually sell...... an interest gathering excercise perhaps?
I may be wrong but i thought the oppo sonica uses this chip
You are not wrong but I got the impression the link was pointing to somone proposing to build a cheap DAC utilising that DAC chip....
Yes understand what you meant now
What hifis review was not good.
Possibly not enough distortion for them or too neutral maybe?
Ive heard the dac and couldn't fault it on short term listening
 

drummerman

New member
Jan 18, 2008
540
1
0
:)

Hifime make decent and fairly priced DAC's.

Personally I think those figures quoted are theoretical and far beyond what the rest of any system can do.

Still, why not have the latest if that's important to you.
 

insider9

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2016
853
399
5,270
Agreed, specs look decent and implementation will matter.

I'd be tempted to build a Roon Rock based streamer with this DAC. Maybe one day :)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts