Dac or CD Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

DELBOY14

May 6, 2017
Visit site
With around £1000.00 to spend on a DAC or CD Player i wonder what would give me the better sound quality for my money. I have stacks of CD's and all are kept on hard drives, so what's the concensus before i start wondering around the dealers.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
My vote would be for a DAC, provided you have a NAS and a streamer setup.

A substantial portion of the budget in a cd player is spent on the cd spinning mechanism. And the remaining on a dac. So my guess would be that for the same money, you would get a better dedicated dac. And any cd drive can rip the cd with bit perfection.

DELBOY14 said:
With around £1000.00 to spend on a DAC or CD Player i wonder what would give me the better sound quality for my money. I have stacks of CD's and all are kept on hard drives, so what's the concensus before i start wondering around the dealers.

Get an Oppo 203 would be my advice. Stunning DAC, plays from a USB hard drive, plays just about any silver disc.

If you go for a DAC alone then the Oppo Sonica

DELBOY14

May 6, 2017
Visit site
Get an Oppo 203 would be my advice. Stunning DAC, plays from a USB hard drive, plays just about any silver disc.

If you go for a DAC alone then the Oppo Sonica
I have a OPPO 203 and while its ok its not as good as my Marantz 63 Ki Signature. fed into my amp by the same RCA cables.
I have now got my self a Audiolab M-Dac+ and have been tying that out with the Marantz, now the M-Dac+ is run in I will test it against the OPPO.
The plan is to move to the Audiolab 6000 CDT later in the year as the Marantz is old and I have had to replace the laser mechanism, I don't see it lasting much longer.
sound wise the Audiolab give a huge wide sound stage with cleaner if slightly less warm detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts