DAC for my office system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm toying with the idea of adding a DAC to my office system (iTunes on iMAC i5 with a NAD C320BEE amp and M/A BX1 speakers)

Currently it's just connected by a 3.5mm to phono cabke; sound is good but I reckon it could be bettered. All music is in the highest rate etc...

Would the likes of a Lindy DAC suffice: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002AKXG5E/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_g23_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=16SV3CRC6RE1P3XFC3ZP&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

I dont want to spend a fortune; up to & roundabout £50 etc...

There's this one as well: http://www.lindy.co.uk/usb-digital-to-analogue-audio-converter-headphone-amp/20376.html

That one has the USB in as well as the digital in

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Cant comment on the Lindy mate, but if you can stretch your budget slightly I can highly recommend the NuForce Icon uDac2.

USB in and Coaxial S/PDIF and RCA out. Also has a headphone out and can take up to 24 bit 96kHz music via the USB.

Excellent little DAC.....I use mine in the office for the laptop and in my main system at home between the Netbook and Caspians.

A

Anonymous

Yeah seen that one already but way above what I want to spend really...

Not ruled out but still a bit too pricey!

A

Anonymous

Any other suggestions or reviews on the CYP or Lindy DAC's?

crang

Feb 17, 2008
Visit site
Wow MP you have some serious kit there! Specially in " my room" never noticed before. Read your posts a lot very knowledgable now I know why. I'm salivating ? Thanks for all your good guidance.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
crang said:
Wow MP you have some serious kit there! Specially in " my room" never noticed before. Read your posts a lot very knowledgable now I know why. I'm salivating ? Thanks for all your good guidance.

The cost of a persons hi-fi setup is not in any way related to the owners knowledge of hi-fi, only their means to afford it.

Having said that, I don't doubt the validity of anyones opinion.

A

Anonymous

Overdose said:
crang said:

The cost of a persons hi-fi setup is not in any way related to the owners knowledge of hi-fi, only their means to afford it.

Having said that, I don't doubt the validity of anyones opinion.

Just seen this... :doh:

Thanks for the compliments but I'm just a fanatic; certainly not an expert!

Larry

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
A lot of good things have been said about the little FiiO E10 DAC/amp, think it cost 60 £ on amazon. It´s also a headphone amplifier with USB in, but has line out. Try to read what people write on it on amazon´s or look at Fiio.com or the review on headfonia. Think Mike there calls it the best 100 $ DAC right now, but new DAC´s keep popping up all the time. 2012 will bring a huge number of cheaper 24-bit DAC´s. Maybe you should wait a month or two untill the first new DAC´s arrive. Keep an eye out for the HiFi news at CES this week. Also ebay has cheap DAC´s from China :)