Dac for a5+

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Tinman1952

As far as I know you cant use both together maybe I have explained it wrongly but you cant use the internal speakers whilst using it in the USB mode. I don't really like your abrupt manner in the what is that nonsense business its not called this is a friendly forum.
Well firstly the RCA connections are outputs not inputs. The only input is USB. Secondly there are no ‘internal speakers’. I am sorry if you feel offended when your comments are questioned but you have clearly confused cagriyil with your misunderstanding of this device. 🙂

camcroft

I beg to differ an iMac has got internal speakers mine as at least it has a 3.5mm socket on the back and has no RCA's on the back. Maybe this is unique to an iMac and not to a pc. When I put my other headphones into the 3.5 socket on the back it stops the zen dac from working as a headphone amp.

Tinman1952

I beg to differ an iMac has got internal speakers mine as at least it has a 3.5mm socket on the back and has no RCA's on the back. Maybe this is unique to an iMac and not to a pc. When I put my other headphones into the 3.5 socket on the back it stops the zen dac from working as a headphone amp.
Yes the iMac can only have one audio output device at a time. The confusion arose because you didn’t originally refer to the iMac and said ‘inputs’ when you mean outputs. Thanks for clarifying…. No difference then between Zen DAC v1 and v2 apart from not having a PSU supplied.

camcroft

Hi again,
Can you describe a bit more about the Zen dac?
I want a "bright" and "cleare" kind of sound. I don't want a "dark" and "bass" kind of dac.
I'm not sure these are the right words to describe but hope this helps.
Hi. The sound of the Zen Dac is definitely clear. I had only used a headphone amp before but the Zen Dac opened up a new way of listening and I am still loving it the best move that I have made in years of listening to equipment. A lot depends on what headphones / earphones you are using if they dont sound right then nothing will make them sound any better and their sound is a personal preference its al down to what you are expecting. Hope this helps. What do you want to use it with sorry I got carried away with the headphone side.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts