Dab stations in mono

Gray

First the bad news. There's no good news.

In this day and age you could reasonably have expected stereo, but unfortunately, that's DAB for you.

It seems wherever they can get away with it, they compromise transmissions to save bitrate.

On an official listing, Planet Rock is down as 80 kbps MONO! Diabolical but true.

You've only got to look at previous DAB threads on this forum to see how much most (not all) people hate DAB.

I was bought a DAB radio as a leaving gift by some kind work colleagues that had sadly been guided by the DAB hype. I returned it for a refund. (The colleagues didn't know that)

Sorry about that rockerma66.

Planet Rock digital is available in stereo elsewhere though (possibly at higher bitrates? - you wouldn't want any lower!). Check the listings of the different platforms.

rockerman66

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your response. I have been and got a denon dnp-720ae network player. Connect it to my Internet router fond the station works like dream.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
For the quality of DAB we are given it might as well be mono as its utter rubbish. Stick with FM or get some higher bitrate internet radio stations. DAB is a waste of time and as things stand will not improve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts