DAB Radio For I - Pod Touch

A

Anonymous

I was going to recommend the Robert Robi after reading the review in WHF once upon a time: I was thinking of getting one until I read that there are compatibility problems. The latest IPOD firmware update switches the Ipod off afer 2 minutes, not clever. The previous build drained the battery keeping the backlight on even though this is set to time off. So keep looking!!

A

Anonymous

With my robi & ipod 160 classic, the radio doesn't always turn itself off, you just have to persevere with it. I have done some investigation though (Apple support pages and other techie websites) and it seems that Roberts and Apple are working together on fixing the problem, hopefully in time for Apple's ipod v1.2 firmware update (can anyone confirm this?). The old ipod software (v1.03 I think) doesn't turn the robi off but does keep the ipod backlighting on all the time, impacting severely on battery life. However, this might be worth downloading for the time being.

A

Anonymous

I see that Intempo iDABs are soon to be available. Will Apple manage to screw this one up for the Robi firmware fix.

It looks interesting because the bumpf indicates it can be docked; although the headphones still have to be attached to obtain the signal. Anyone know if there is a F-type connector to 3.5mm connector so that a decent antenna can be attached?

If this works it could be the answer to my search for a portable Dab enriched docking station.

Re : Logitach Pure-Fi Anywhere Speaker dock, Intempo iDab. Only thing missing is an output to connect to external kit but I guess one cant' have everything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts