Cyrus System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all. Was just wondering what your thoughts were on the following Cyrus system: CD XT SE, DAC XP, 4x MONO X POWER AMPS, DAB 8.0. All of these individual components will be using Cyrus Interconnects (both Phono and XLR) and Cyrus speaker cables. Speakers of choice would be Spendor S9e. These components will be housed in the Cyrus X-Arbour 10 unit rack.

A

Anonymous

My thoughts:
1) Fantastic system, perhaps consider PMC OB1i too.
2) When do we get to come round and hear it?
emotion-5.gif
jules.

A

Anonymous

Please please please please please listen to some other kit before spending a heap of cash on this lot! I bought Cyrus gear on the strength of reviews and found, when I compared it to certain other components of the same money or cheaper, that it was awful! Costly mistake...

Each to their own but definitely try other stuff at a similar price point.

Ex Cyrus owner

Alex

(Actually I still have a CD6 in the bedroom system)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Alex....I do agree that sound per pound you can buy much better than a big stack of Cyrus but if he like the sound!!!

The DAC XP is fantastic btw (not quite your dCS standard though
emotion-5.gif
), I also do think a lot of Cyrus 7Q, something about the machine that make the spine tingle.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I agree with some of the replies regarding questionable value for money once you start adding boxes to a basic cyrus system.

We not long ago listened to a £5000+ cyrus system and were disappointed with the result. It was just another out of several combination we've tried over the months and the results, though not always 'awful' (bit strong a word) are not exactly making a case for cyrus'es 'upgrade' path.

We've all actually prefered the basic 8 components with nothing added though a psx to amp did improve the bass marginally and there was a slightly more ordered soundstage, but the difference was not night and day.

I dont want to put you off buying a system you've perhaps set your heart on or get a very good deal in the process. Perhaps you like it, many do but I'd say if you pay full price and have'nt commited yourself yet, listen to a couple of alternatives if you can.

A

Anonymous

Hi all. Thanks for all your opinions and feedback. I've always been a fan of Cyrus and I sincerly believe they are one of the best regarded British high-end audio manufacturers in the market. I will be hoping to get this set-up early next year if all goes to plan! Then of course I will invite all for a listen ; -)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts