cyrus / roksan partners in crime.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a pair of b&w cm2's that im going partner with a roksan kandy mk111 amp and cyrus 8x cd player, i have just sold my musical fidelity x-ray cdp and xa1 amp to raise some extra cash to put towards a new system. I want a fast punchy sound with plenty of detail, i think the cyrus, roskan set up would do a splendid job! I have not listened to the kit yet so any feedback would be welcome.

A

Anonymous

Jimm, first of all...a happy new year to you!

Can I suggest you to check out the newer Rega players? I've currently purchased a new Rega Saturn after auditioning an Arcam Diva CD192 and the upper FMJ CD36, a Naim CD5i, the Primare CD21, and the Rega Saturn itself. I never got a chance to check out the Primare CD31, but for my music tastes, the Rega was a much more competent player than their CD21.

I loved the Arcam FMJ and the Rega, and in the end, my dealer let me take them home to listen to in my kit (listed in signature).

A fast punchy sound was something I was after....I listen to a lot of Faithless, Menno De Jong, Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, and regularly like a bit of Coldplay, Travis, Keane, with at time to time, Queen. I felt the Rega dealt with everything better, and really matched the rich sound the Sony amplifiers create.

I'm sure the Cyrus/Roksan combination will be nice, however I feel it's a crime to ignore what Arcam and Rega have to offer.

Chris

A

Anonymous

Happy new year to you! thanks for the reply Chris, I have had listen to the arcam cd192 with mf's a5 amp and pair of moniter audio rs6's at my dealers, it was awesome! some of my fav paul weller tracks were amazeing, the clarity in voices was superb. I love the look of the rega kit, the saturn is a bit pricey while the apollo is good ,i can get the cyrus 8x for 700 pounds wich is only 50 quid more than the apollo. I think the cyrus is a done deal! Amp wise its the roksan or a cyrus 6vs2 im still in two minds, thanks for your advice mate, any thoughts on amps for the 8x?

A

Anonymous

If you're set on the Cyrus CD player, I would personally look towards matching it with their amplifiers, too.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts