Cyrus Quattro or Arcam Solo?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I bought a Cyrus Quattro system (Quattro, QPower amp) plus wall mounted Linn Kam speakers about 4 years ago.  I have to be careful about the amount of equipment because the space I have available is limited, and I have to consider other members of the household!  However, I was wondering if a change to the Arcam Solo, matched with my existing speakers, would result in great disappointment in terms of sound.  I am attracted by the simplicity of the system.

Can anyone advise? 

John Duncan

The Kans are letting you down, I'd say. The Solo and the mini are great and pretty and add DAB funcitonality if that's you;re thing, but I don't think they'd be a huge step up from the Quattro sonically. Unless you must have the blue lights (perfectly valid reason to change if you as me), then I'd add more or better power amps, and get a grand's worth of compact monitor instead.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Thats my Solo-Mini you are talking about there. (And yes, I like the blue display.)

It can't be that bad. It made it into the WHFS&V Ultimate Guide with all 5 stars intact :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts