Cyrus + Q Acoustics

Sutekh

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
When browsing various Hi Fi retailers and online stores, they all appear to be selling "Cyrus amp + Q acoustics 2050i" packages. I never see any reviews of this set up, or it mentioned in the forums here or elsewhere.

Do you believe there is some worth in this set up, or are the dealers just sticking these two products together because it looks good on paper and would sell well to your average "uneducated" customer? I would normally just ask to demo these setups in shops, but I don't have the chance to do so at the moment. The package deals are all over the internet if you google it.

Be interesting to see what you guys have to say.

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I wonder about this too. Sevenoaks offer the NAD D 7050 and Kef LS50, but this seems like a poor match having a weak amp and hard to drive speakers. I wonder if they really are a good match.

Sutekh

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Cyrus 6a and Q Acoustics 2050i. That is the set up all these places are selling.

(Forum here won't allow me to post the links)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Cyrus 6a is well regarded tbh, the speakers are ok for the money I am led to believe - you really need to go listen. I would never buy an amp speaker package blind - learnt the hard way.

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I imagine it would sound good. I have the 2050i and they are fantastic speakers with an AS500 and Yamaha AV amp so with a £600 Cyrus im sure it would make them sound even better.

Im actually thinking of a cyrus amp with my Bowers and Wilkins 684. Just now they are powered by an AS500 which although its very good, the setup isnt miles better than my 2050i and AV amp which is scary! my hfi setup should be miles ahead of my av when listening to music so i feel i have to upgrade the hifi amp.

Cyrus 6a looks extremely ugly though! same with NAD- they look so dated. The AS500 looks clasical old and i dont want to loose the look :s

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
gurjitsidhu said:
Cyrus 6a looks extremely ugly though! :

really?

regards
Stak_cyrus01.jpg

Sutekh

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
If I was looking to buy, I'd demo it of course.

I'm just curious as to why the retailers are putting the package together, and if anyone had some experience with this combo.

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
They're both recent whf products of the year so easy to market as a combo i guess. From the front the cyrus looks nice in my opinion.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
gurjitsidhu said:
I imagine it would sound good. I have the 2050i and they are fantastic speakers with an AS500 and Yamaha AV amp so with a £600 Cyrus im sure it would make them sound even better.

Im actually thinking of a cyrus amp with my Bowers and Wilkins 684. Just now they are powered by an AS500 which although its very good, the setup isnt miles better than my 2050i and AV amp which is scary! my hfi setup should be miles ahead of my av when listening to music so i feel i have to upgrade the hifi amp.

Cyrus 6a looks extremely ugly though! same with NAD- they look so dated. The AS500 looks clasical old and i dont want to loose the look :s

This wouldn't necessarily be the case. Yes, generally speaking you get what you pay for, but that doesn't guarantee that a more expensive amp will have a complementary synergy with your other components. I would prefer to have a cheaper system of well-matched components that produce a combined balance that's to my taste than more expensive components that don't work well together. Hence, as always, the need to listen first. Cyrus in particular being a good example of Marmite hifi that can be very expensive indeed, but not to everyone's taste.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts